Can Place require access request to stop spammers?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

LKinney
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Can Place require access request to stop spammers?

Post by LKinney » Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm

I know spammers will happen - such is the world of the internet, but while it annoys me on the main board, it's actually very upsetting to get hit with spam in one's Place.

Can Place be made off limits like PBH or something? Require a request to access it? Then at least they can't post willy nilly in people's private and personal space.

Since it's a Member's Only area anyway........

My two dinars. Thank you.
**We have DID.**

"The first thing you learn is how to be alone. You learn, or suffer. It is an easy lesson. You suffer more when people are around. People make you feel alone. And loneliness is a quiet wound." - Laura Kinney (aka: X-23, Wolverine)

"That is the one trick I never quite figured out: how to let someone in without it ending badly." – Jessica Jones

"This is what happens when you give a shit; the world flings it back at you." – Jessica Jones

"Whosoever is delighted in solitude, is either a wild beast or a god." - Aristotle

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Re: Can Place require access request to stop spammers?

Post by Jomomma » Tue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

The staff is currently discussing this idea. Because it is a members only space, the idea does make some sense. However, it is a bit of a logistical issue in trying to get everyone where they need to be in an orderly fashion.
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

LKinney
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Re: Can Place require access request to stop spammers?

Post by LKinney » Tue May 10, 2011 6:14 pm

jomomma wrote:The staff is currently discussing this idea. Because it is a members only space, the idea does make some sense. However, it is a bit of a logistical issue in trying to get everyone where they need to be in an orderly fashion.
Oh. I was hoping it would be easy for you. Of course, when has admin ever been easy, huh? :wink:
**We have DID.**

"The first thing you learn is how to be alone. You learn, or suffer. It is an easy lesson. You suffer more when people are around. People make you feel alone. And loneliness is a quiet wound." - Laura Kinney (aka: X-23, Wolverine)

"That is the one trick I never quite figured out: how to let someone in without it ending badly." – Jessica Jones

"This is what happens when you give a shit; the world flings it back at you." – Jessica Jones

"Whosoever is delighted in solitude, is either a wild beast or a god." - Aristotle