Why BUS?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

TWLOHA*girl
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Why BUS?

Post by TWLOHA*girl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 am

Why is this place called BUS? I've been truly curious for months now. Sorry if it sounds dumb.

To Write Love On Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. http://www.twloha.com
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Chey Kizoxie

Re: Why BUS?

Post by Chey Kizoxie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:31 am

not a dumb question... i jsut figured it out a few months ago and ive been here since 05 lol

BUS stands for Bodies Under Siege

:cowave:

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 am

yeah, it's for favazza's book _bodies under siege_. it was one of the first books to really talk about self-injury in a way that made sense, and one of the first books about it that i encountered. favazza found out about the bus list from a patient of his and thought it was cool that i was using the name. he also reviewed the bill of rights for people who self-harm before i posted it.

the mailing list was originally called bodies-under-siege, but the email address for it has always been bus@wherever. we use the acronym because it's generic and easy to hide -- it doesn't scream to the world what it's about. we do occasionally get confused bus drivers, though.
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

snowangel_03
my other car is a bus
my other car is a bus

Post by snowangel_03 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:46 am

sine nomine wrote:we use the acronym because it's generic and easy to hide -- it doesn't scream to the world what it's about
That's why I like it :) If I don't want someone knowing what I'm doing, I just say I'm on BUS and whoever I'm talking to leaves it at that. But if anyone asks what it is, I tell them.
sine nomine wrote:we do occasionally get confused bus drivers, though.
That made me lol.
> Give SnowAngel HUGS <
:tslug: Last SI: -- Image

> My Sigillum Diaboli - Read 1stPost <

KLove24's twin | Owns ultimate starshine | Haven's special RW buddy
Oftentimes all we need is a thought or a message to help us see another side to the problem,
or just some hope that life will be better - magicmum

Hugs & PM's are fine
The Truth that can set Souls Free is Buried within Sweet Pandemonium
To cry is to know that you're alive

Chey Kizoxie

Post by Chey Kizoxie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 am

confused bus drivers? LOL I need to see that!

:oturq: :olol: