bus book club - resetting polls?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

help!

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:16 pm

R
7%
R
7%
R
7%
R
7%
S
14%
S
14%
S
14%
S
14%
T
No votes
T
No votes
T
No votes
x
7%
x
7%

Total votes: 14

glass angel
honored elder
honored elder

bus book club - resetting polls?

Post by glass angel » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:37 pm

over on Challange Me we'd like to do a book club, but to keep it democratic, the 'book monitor' or first poster needs to be able to 'reset' the poll every 2 weeks or so - is there the functionality to do this? I'm making a poll here just to test it! Or if someone could tell me if it's not possible, thanks!

Carrie xx
:read:
Last edited by glass angel on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"He loves you. You have so much."
"I know, and I see it all around me, but it stops at my skin. I can't let it inside. It's always been like that and it's always gonna be like that."
~Shortbus

My Place

glass angel
honored elder
honored elder

Re: bus book club - resetting polls?

Post by glass angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Hmm, so I tried resetting the poll but I can't. Do I need different permissions or can it just not be done? I can change the options and change the end date, but not wipe the votes already cast.

Also I didn't tick 'allow revoting' but I could change my vote... it that a glitch or just because I wrote the post?

Carrie
"I know, and I see it all around me, but it stops at my skin. I can't let it inside. It's always been like that and it's always gonna be like that."
~Shortbus

My Place

glass angel
honored elder
honored elder

Post by glass angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 pm

:oconf:

so then i had the good idea of deleting the poll, submitting, then editing to add a new poll. and in preview mode, it worked! yey! only when i press submit with the new poll, it mixes a load of the old options back in? wtf?!

not only that but when i choose one of my new options, it's counting it as 4 votes rather than one, i.e. selecting 4 options and counting them as 4 votes, even though i only ticked one box.

i need help from a php genious!
~Shortbus

My Place

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 pm

I have no idea on a technical side... but I am so excited about a book thread in challenge me! Sounds amazing. But , this may sound silly , why do you need a poll for it ? Can't it work without one ? :pinkstar:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

Little-c
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by Little-c » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:17 pm

folks, the poll is stuffed for now.

anyone feel like brainwaving a system without a poll?

since I don't have acess to the board code, I can;t tell you whats wrong. or even confuzle myself trying to work it out.
I own xStarBright
*has stolen Sprinklez and PLAIN JANE's teddy*
will steel anything shiny, edible, fluffy, intresting, or moveable.
I refuse to use the corect words.
:blkstar:
cookies will be nomed on sight.

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:12 am

i'll see what i can find in the bug reports on the phpbb site.
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

glass angel
honored elder
honored elder

Post by glass angel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:53 am

thank you Deb!

for now I think we'll have to do without a poll - it was so we could vote which book to read next without someone getting a load of PMs or messing up the flow of the thread.

back to Challange Me to work it out!

Carrie xx
~Shortbus

My Place