*before*

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

butterflydust
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

*before*

Post by butterflydust » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:37 pm

Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point? i think that i've realized i feel so numb and so dead, except when i'm SI-ing. also, my ED's getting worse and i don't know how to deal with that... so my SI is feeding off my ED and my ED's feeding off my SI.

Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then? yes, i screamed, i jumped up and down, i cried. i felt miserable. i felt like the SI was some animal inside of me, and i was battling it, but i couldn't reach it deep down inside so all i could do was wave a sword around sixty miles away from the enemy. but i won... somehow, back then

What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me? tried talking to people... nobody listens. squeezing ice, screaming, jumping up and down... i don't know. i've gone through those lists... i still feel miserable.

How do I feel right now? out of control. scared. strung up tension horrible discomfort.

How will I feel when I am hurting myself? for a while, alive. then, miserable. self-hating. but alive for a while and okay for a while.

How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning? i'll be mad at myself. i'll hate myself for doing it. i'll wish i was stronger than i am.

Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future? i don't know. i don't know how to fix myself all on my own. i'm so alone. but maybe i can. maybe if i keep trying to get myself help.

Do I need to hurt myself? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. i don't need to. i WANT to, want to very badly, to feel alive, etc., to release the tension, pain, shame, hatred, etc., but i DON'T NEED TO!!!!!!!
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12)

it's what we need to fly: http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

in recovery