Posting and fear

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

strmdncr
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Posting and fear

Post by strmdncr » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:31 am

There are times I really wonder about myself, I put my name in to be able to post here...and then when I get the okay, I get butterflies in my tummy. Seems like a norm whenever I start to move forward with this particular process, I just want to retreat and pull back at the same time as I think I want to go forward, and feeling that I can't go back...and honestly not wanting to go back to where I was before either.
A friend is someone who believes in you even when you've ceased to believe in yourself. (unknown)

strmdncr's sanctuary
strmdncr speaks

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:35 pm

What do you hope to gain form this forum?

Moving forward is a necessary thing but there is no rule about how fast you have to do it and there is nothing that says you can't stop and take a step back from time to time
Just try to keep going ahead and look to the future

Just because you are a member here doesn't mean you have to post right away
Look at others posts, Check out the questions and post when you need to

Jo
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: