Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Before

Post by Spidey » Tue May 23, 2017 6:55 pm

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?

I don't know what the situation is but I do know the feeling and that's like I am losing my mind. If I cut I will probably feel more grounded and safe.

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?

It will bring just cutting but it will take away almost 5 years.

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?

I don't want to feel this way at all. I don't know if it will make me closer or farther from feeling a certain way. I just know I feel trapped and scared and sad and like I am losing my mind.

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?

It depends on a lot of factors.

Drink.

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?

I could watch the video of Real Madrid's celebrations because supposedly it's hysterically funny

Take the cans to the can people

I don't know what else I could do...and I don't know how to answer the other questions.

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?

Probably worried and probably satisfied if I do the other thing (watch Madrid) because I have a huge crush on Toni Kroos. If I go to the can people I get $ and that is nice

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

I want to be numb. I want to cut.
We don't know.

Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?

I feel like I am losing my mind. I feel bad. I feel trapped and lonely and scared.

Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?

Not in this capacity, no.

What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?

I talked to people, I slept, I fulfilled some obligations, I watched a movie, read a little bit

I could watch Madrid, I could take the cans, i don't know what else.

How do I feel right now?

Scared

How will I feel when I am hurting myself?

Numb

How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?

Numb, probably worried

Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?

I don't know. I wouldn't be here if I knew.

Do I need to hurt myself?

A little bit yes and a little bit no.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: