Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Eisa
driving instructor
driving instructor

Before

Post by Eisa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 am

Before You Self-Harm
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
    -There's been a lot of drama on Tumblr that I've read through today about a person who's very unsafe--but reading about it and then reading people's responses has made me feel very unstable and horrible, especially because some of the responses are bringing up memories/flashbacks/etc.
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
    -Honestly, no, I haven't really before. Things on Tumblr have upset me before, but not usually in the sense of bringing up RA memories before. :-?
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
    -Listened to music, tried to distract myself with my happy Tumblr, reblogging Pokemon pictures, etc. Um...I guess I could make a Polyvore set about how I feel, or something calming, or cuddle a stuffed animal. I could switch, but I'm afraid my emotions and flashbacks and everything would leak through to whoever came out, and I don't want to do that. :o
  • How do I feel right now?
    -Like I am the most worthless human being on the planet, and my existence should be erased.
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
    -Like it's what should happen.
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
    -Like I've atoned for something, but it won't last, it will be a very fleeting feeling, and then I'll go right back to feeling awful, and then doubly awful for having given in and relapsed.
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
    -Be more careful about looking up information about unsafe people in such huge chunks, for a start, that wasn't a good plan...I knew I shouldn't keep reading, but I did, anyway.
  • Do I need to hurt myself?
    -Hopefully not. Still trying not to.
We come in pieces. :pinkstar:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster. And when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."~Nietzsche

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

My Place
My PBH

BUS family:
Twin~Beasty
Elf Sib~Sprink
Fairy Mummy~Starry
Younger Sissy~Kate
Big Bruvver~Dan
Half-Sissy~Annabel
Cousin~Peggie
Aunt~Mande
Sprinkled Cupcake~Noldo