Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Butterfly.
forum moderator - the nest & welcome wagon
forum moderator - the nest & welcome wagon

Before

Post by Butterfly. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:09 pm

• Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
    I am frustrated because I am struggling to sleep. I want to release any pent up tension. I so often get a release that will help me to relax and then sleep. I've had nearly a week of low mood and a few times I've SI'd. It's helped, and I think that is what is driving it now.
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
    I've had countless sleep-less and low sleep nights. How I dealt with it, I can't remember. Caffeine usually factors in the following morning. If I hadn't already, I often take my sleepers when I can't sleep, but I've already taken them tonight.
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
    I took my sleepers when I first went to bed. I tried my eye mask, soothing music, putting the fan on, using a soothing crystal, and now I've had a cup of tea. I can go back to bed and try and sleep, before giving in to the urge. I can possibly double dose my sleepers in a worse case scenario, although it is not a good idea.
  • How do I feel right now?
    Tired, frustrated, exhausted, flat, bloated
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
    Release, pain
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
    Relaxation and relief. Tomorrow - pain and stupid
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
    I need to get my sleep back into a good cycle. If I can get my sleep back together it might help (its been out of whack for a little while now).
  • Do I need to hurt myself?
    I want to, but no.
We're all stories in the end.

Birdie is my pet birdie.