no answers - AFTER

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

ambivalent red
growing roots
growing roots

no answers - AFTER

Post by ambivalent red » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:58 am

Im not here to answer questions. I will try tho. I already SI'd. I know why. I was scared. I could only keep it from husband for 1 day. It was bad. I was scared about my T and losing her bacause insurance. But I didnt. My husband took me to the store to buy bandages and saftey stuff. I kept thinking that this will help on my next/future SI. He said "this is not for you to SI. This is for yor current SI."

I will try~

Why do you visit before and after?

What do you get out of it?
makes me mellow sometimess

What prompts you to think posting might be a good idea? i.e. what thought, feeling, or what happens
I needed to vent

Do you find the replies helpful in understanding what happened or what you might try in the future?

Have you had a go at putting what you've learnt into practise?

Have you noticed a decrease in your si since interacting with this forum?

Would you recommend this forum and activity of using quesitons to help deal with urges to others?
There's no where to run
There's no where to hide
From what's in your mind - It's a Ghetto
-Supreme Beings Leisure

ambivalent red
growing roots
growing roots

Re: no answers - AFTER

Post by ambivalent red » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 am

I guess I didnt really try to look at the questions before. I said my peace. But I will try this time. Sometimes i dont like to look in the mirror. Of all my tools and I come accross my favorite. I miss it and wanna use it.

Before:

Before You Self-Harm
write down the shadow that's hiding behind the urge. look at it. ask yourself:
im scared about money. even tho we have my SSD back pay coming up.
  • how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
    it will give me something to feel other than stress. I can have it all night.
  • what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
  • how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
  • if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?
    take care of it like a baby
  • what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
    I am high, drunk and took many pills, that would do it, except mt husband is gone tonight.
    it leaves me all alone
  • how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
    another scar...stay on bus and drink and smoke
  • what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

I wanna SI, bad. I dont have a self protecrive instinct

urges aren't necessarily the enemy. they happen for reasons, and they're an expression of a desire to stay alive and stay sane and keep coping. remember that.

More Before Questions To Answer
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
  • How do I feel right now?
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
  • Do I need to hurt myself?
wanna
There's no where to run
There's no where to hide
From what's in your mind - It's a Ghetto
-Supreme Beings Leisure