Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Stefani140
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Before

Post by Stefani140 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:56 pm

• how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
    I will be able to concentrate on what I need to do and not want to scream at people that I love anymore.
  • what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
    I really don't know and for the moment I really don't care.
  • if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?
    Hopefully until I leave work and after that I can figure out something else to do like isolate for the night.
  • what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?

Well I would say talk about the frustration and the anger I'm having, but that worked out horribly for about the last week so...who the hell knows.
  • how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?

I'll probably feel like crap.
  • what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

I want the bastard to actually live up to his word! Don't tell me to open up to you and then act like a petulant child about it. What I want is to stop getting my feelings stomped on.
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
    Because I'm tired of feeling stepped on, taken for granted, and like I'm in a high school relationship that is never going to get more mature.
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?

So far...nothing. I could walk around or leave the situation and just concentrate on work.
  • How do I feel right now?

Like shit. Like I keep getting stuck in this endless pattern that always ends with me feeling like shit.
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?

Since I'm engaged to this stressor, I doubt I can avoid it.
  • Do I need to hurt myself?

I probably don't need to, but damn do I want to.
"Even if you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it does not mean you're wrong."

PMs, comments, challenges, advice and hugs welcome.

My Place: http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=128060