Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

xStarBright
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Before

Post by xStarBright » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:49 pm

• Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point? ody re
    Nobody really likes me. No matter how hard I try to recover, I might make some progress but it tends to slip right back. I can't call the person who I usually call cos they are busy.
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
    Not the 'nobody likes me'... I havent felt intensely like this I don't think... But the slipping back, pretty much all the time...
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
    I have started talking to a person I know. I have listened to music. I can continue to do this.
  • How do I feel right now?
    Hurt. Apathetically fustrated.
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
    I dunno. No idea.
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
    Probably nothing one way or the other.
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
    I dunno. I wish I could chill out or avoid being me. Even though thats not looking out for others cos people go through a lot worse than this.
  • Do I need to hurt myself?
    No, but I don't know what else I can do right.
don't worry if i'm not here - i come and go. :cowsleep:
place

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Re: Before

Post by Roxi » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey :)

I hope you didn't land up hurting yourself (?)

How have you been ? I haven't seen you around in ages .

:dkpurpstar:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

xStarBright
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by xStarBright » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:27 am

Roxi,
I actually can't remember, I don't think I did! :D

Yeah, I don't seem to visit much nowdays. :/ And I have been... partly up, partly down, but a lot better than when I used to frequent here, and I remain optimistic!!! :)

How have you been? Great to hear from you!

Take care,
Annie.
don't worry if i'm not here - i come and go. :cowsleep:
place

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:21 am

That's great, Annie !

I am not on BUS much myself nowadays . Very busy with Uni and just don't need it as much anymore... otherwise I'm also up/down-ish, you know how it is; some days are just better than others . But I am nearly 3 years SI free ,( 6 November) which is quite exciting but scary as well.

Have a grate sunday :cyheart:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.