Before,

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

searching_for_solace
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Before,

Post by searching_for_solace » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:43 am

Before:

More Before Questions To Answer
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
    I'm stressed about my friends who aren't doing well, and if I can cut and detach from everything, I won't be stressed and worried. And not stressed or worried means i'll be better equipped to deal with what's to come. ...In theory...
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
    Uh, hm. Yeah, I have been here before. I hid in my room. I felt mad at myself for ignoring my friends.
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
  • How do I feel right now?
    I feel like there's nowhere to go, nowhere I want to go. I feel trapped, stagnant.
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
    Faraway.
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
    Quiet inside. I don't know how I will feel tomorrow.
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
    No, and if there is a better way to deal with it in the future I don't know how.
  • Do I need to hurt myself?
I can't honestly answer yes to this question, but I can't honestly answer no either.
"...In this world you WILL have trouble..." John 16:33 (emphasis added)