what to SI

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Heidi4DBT
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

what to SI

Post by Heidi4DBT » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 pm

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself? it will make me not feel and have to be overwhelm by it

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?It will bring quilt after because of doing it. It will put me at risk for infections because of being a diabetic.

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
I want to feel better to be able to handle my emotion. No it will make things wrose
if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
Journal. read a book, talk with a friend. find alternatives to SI
how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
quilt ahame. I will feel better
what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?
I can accept my emotions instead of avoiding them