after

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

after

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 am

from questions to answer after a slip thread...

About Opportunities to SI
Opportunity to Self-Harm seems to be a common theme. Think about why opportunities are important to slips and learn why opportunity is important to you.

What made that opportunity more appealing than any other?
my brother and mom were fighting...i had hid a new tool that i've never used before and used it...

Did you make an opportunity or was it there for the taking?
i don't know...i guess i made it since i hid the tool.

What would you have done if there was no opportunity, how would you have handled your urge? i would have made one.

If there had been no opportunity would your urge to self-harm have increased or decreased? definately increased

What consitutes opportunity for you? Being alone? having new tools? waiting for the right feeling? apparently having new tools, since i used one this time...and when the feeling comes along, i took that opportunity.

If your opportunties were taken away, how would you feel?
i would want to scream. mad. i would probably search for a new tool in the heat of the moment.
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥