giving this another shot (before)

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Stefani140
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

giving this another shot (before)

Post by Stefani140 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 pm

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?

I will just feel guilty and terrible about it. Especially since I really have no reason to be feeling so urgey.

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?

It would stop my obsessive thoughts about it and I'd be able to concentrate more. But I'd feel bad and lose the nearly a week I have SI-free.

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?

Not long, it never does. Relief is the shortest when I had little justification for the SI in the first place.

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

I really want to concentrate and work, and then go home in a half hour and be safe. But I want to hurt too, simply just to hurt.

Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?

Honestly, nothing has brought me to feeling urgey. Nothing is wrong necessarily. I've been stressed about work and my eating, but usually it takes more to trigger me.

What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?

Played games, posted on BUS, talked yo my BF to distract myself.

How do I feel right now?

obsessive, paranoid, scattered. I feel like I can't control the thoughts in my head.

How will I feel when I am hurting myself?

guilty

Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?

Since the obsessive thinking is out of my control, I can't really avoid it. But I can deal with it better.

Do I need to hurt myself?

I never really need to. But I do want to.
"Even if you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it does not mean you're wrong."

PMs, comments, challenges, advice and hugs welcome.

My Place: http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=128060