after *drugs*

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

breathing
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

after *drugs*

Post by breathing » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:43 pm

what had happened just before?
I was listening to music, and I just kept on thinking about how easy it would be to get high.

what were you thinking and feeling?
I was in terrible pain, and thinking about how much better I would feel, and how it would take away the pain.

why did you end up [using] then instead of some other time? was there an event that was the final straw? what was it?
I don't know why. There wasn't much of a 'final straw' situation.

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?
If I was on bus earlier this morning, I probably wouldn't have done this to myself.

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.
To stop ruminating on thoughts (thought stopping, something I'm still learining), and re-thinking about my health and safety.

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation? I always seem to be these days. I can't stand it. I will try to recognize the repetitive thoughts about drugs and put them to an end.