Beforrrre

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Decrescendo
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Beforrrre

Post by Decrescendo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:54 am

* how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself? It won't but it will refocus my apin to something I created instead of something I can't control

* what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation? A control over the intensity of what i feel; it will take away the lack of control I have over the situaton

* what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now? What I really want is a stop/start switch on life, or a coma button I have complete control over. I don't want to die but I don't want to be. Hurting mself is a "happy" medium.

* Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point? Because I feel numb and ignored.

* Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then? I have, and I cut.

* What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me? It's too cold to run. I've taken sleeping pills to knock myself out but they have not kicked in.

* How do I feel right now? Restless

* How will I feel when I am hurting myself? Something, which is better than nothing

* How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning? Probably disappointed as usual

* Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future? I want more than anything for this stressor to go away

* Do I need to hurt myself? No, I need to just cease being.

dao
bus addict
bus addict

Post by dao » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:08 am

I'm paying attention.
I am secure in my scariness. :black:

Decrescendo
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Decrescendo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:07 pm

Thank you so much.

dao