After - First post in here

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Priceless
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus
Location: Theres something rotten in the state of Denmark, and its not me!

After - First post in here

Post by Priceless » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:31 am

have you taken care of your physiacl wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait. Yes all taken care off, cleaned and stopped bleeding.

what had happened just before?
I had thought that i had been forgotten.

what were you thinking and feeling?

I felt alone and lonely and forgotten, i i thought i had been forgotten and i thought off all the situations before were i have been forgotten

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was teh final straw? what was it?
I was home and i went down to check if someone had started the cooking the commondinner and there was nobody there and the car was gone, so i went upstairs to check if my neighbour was there but she wasn´t so i thought they had gotten out to dinner and forgotten me, but i called the supervicer in the house and he didn´t pick up and so i called him on the other phone and he answered and told me that they were out shopping, but the bad feeling wouldn´t leave me.

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events thatled up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decisiona nd not arrived at the final straw.

I dont see how i could have changed the situation at some point.

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
The only is drugs, if i had smoken weed instead i would not have been allowed to hurt myself (A rule that i have made, weed equals no cutting)

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?
Noone i couldn´t think of any

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?
I could have exercised, i could have drawn on paper, i could have taken a red pen and drawn on me instead.

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.
Exercise and draw on myself instead of hurting myself

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?
Its resovled in some ways before i started hurting myself, i just couldn´t shake that bad feeling off me, but harming myself made the feeling go away, so it worked well.

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?
Yes i think so, i dont know.

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.
Write an before post, talk to friends about nothing, just to get the feeling that im not alone, try to color somethings.

I hope i have done this right as i have never written post in here before.

<center>
|| my place *read 1 post please* || my livejournal || || my deviant-art ||
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
-- Frank Outlaw

Proud member of OATS - Oldies against text speak

</center>

truce
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Re: After - First post in here

Post by truce » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:58 am

Priceless wrote:I hope i have done this right as i have never written post in here before.
these questions are here for you to be able to analyze why you cut, so however you answer is right. i think you didnt do to bad myself.

if i understand correctly, the biggest reason why you cut is because you felt lonely and forgotten, it was this sence of no importance that urged you to cut. could you not in future remove yourself from the situatio and go visit a friend, go for a walk, do something that will just let you calm down a bit and view everything in a better perspective. you said that you got the super on the phone and he said they hadnt forgotten you, they had just gone shopping, so maybe yes doing a before post, or drawing a picture, or finding a friend on msm to chat to, just long enough that you can get past the worst of those feelings and stay safe.

maybe an idea to try stay away from this in the future is to put up some sort of board in a common area that your friends and housemates can say where they have gone. if you had come home and found no-one but then saw "gone shopping" on the board you would not have immediately thought that every one had desserted you, but known where they are. you can even make it a project for yourself. a nice colourful poster with plastic over it that you can easily wipe off what you wrote (with a whiteboard pen) with a clothe, or pieces of card with shopping, school, friends, etc on that people could just stick up with prestick. this can be helpful in many ways, like when some-one comes looking for a housemate you can quickly see where they are. you can use this as an excuse instaed of telling them that you want it up to prevent you from feeling lonely and si'ing?

anyway, i am glad you came here and posted to try work through why. i know the si made you feel better but there are other ways. well done though for still staying drug free. i am very very proud of you for that

noel
<center>SI Free since 30 May 2006
Personal Best SI 25 days
Alcohol Free since 12 July 2006
If at first you dont succeed, try another place