my coping space

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:18 am

im doing okay at the moment, its 1:16am still awake and im planning on staying up most of the night, watching movies, and listening to music but more watching movies.
although im feeling a bit sleepy, im almost done watching a movie, im watching the movie new york minute. i have saved in my ipod video.

later on or tomorrow im going to put some music into my ipod , i need to put some mmusic to my ipod.

well i guess this is it for now, im feeling just a bit anxious right now, but im doing good i guess.
just feeling anxious.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:22 pm

I just want to make sure that you are doing ok,I am hanging in there and Mike is still in the hospital,do not know when he will get out.Did I tell you that I will be moving, I do not know when,cause they are fixing up all the apartments and I will be going to go a new apartment and I do not know when it will happen,what is the address to get back on the bus and what about my coping thread, I do not want to lose it either, I am not sure when that will happen. You can Pm me or post it here. I hope you are doing ok and I do worry about you. I have been feeling anxious lately,but I am doing the best I can. I hope you are doing alright. take care of yourself. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:58 am

im struggling at the moment with my eating disorder ,
and when i do struggle with my eating disorder i tend to isolate from bus a bit ,
and i stay quiet.

thanks for checking up on me.

it reminds me that i have people who care about me and support me

wanting to give to give into negative eating disorder behaviors righ t now, cant seem to fall asleep, so i think i will watch a movie right now until i fall asleep.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 pm

struggling right now, with my eating disorder.
i need to challange negative ed thoughts right now. feeling quite triggered right now and tempted to do negative ed things today.

need to use my coping skills and alternatives today.its going to be hard i dont know what to do.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:13 pm

I am sorry that you are doing very good,I know how you feel,I am feeling anxious right now,and my triggers of SI are starting to bother me,I need to use my coping skills as well. I just want to let you know that I care and I am here for you.Please take care of yourself. You will be alright and so will I. take it easy,ok. Just wanted to let you know that I am here for you. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:13 pm

im going to try to cope the best way i can.

im feeling a bit tired right now , i just came home from the store, i took a walk home and the weather is pretty hot, i hate the weather here.

i bouught myself 2 cds and a dvd i wanted and im planning on listening to them, they are both disney soundtracks, one is from a disney movie and the other one is from a tv show i watch all the time when i listen to the songs i just want to get up and dance and they make me happy. so these cds will go to my coping box.

still struggling with negative ed thoughts,
not doing that well. should probably call therapist but i dont want to bother her. i know what she is going to say to me so why bother calling her?

well i guess this is it for now im going to listen to some music now.
and write in my journal.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:01 am

im going to make my own homemade coloring book, goiing to look for free printable coloring pages on the internet , print them out, and put it togehter as a book,
also im going to search for free printable activities, like mazes and word searches for kids, just easy stuff ,
so i can use that to help me cope.

feeling a bit better now, but still struggling ,
im trying my best to cope with my urges and feelings right now.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:01 am

here is a list of alternatives im going to give a try . its from the long list of alternatives that Laura posted here in the coping board.
Make a contract with someone else.

Calendar:
Keep a calendar especially for your SI. Put a sticker on each day that you are SI free. At the end of each week look back at which days you hurt yourself. Try to beat that next week. If you get a month full of stickers, buy yourself a treat, like a new top or something.

Emergency tape:
Make a tape to listen to when you are particularly down or vulnerable. You might choose all happy songs to put on it, or you might find it helps to choose sad songs that might enable you to cry.

Carry safe objects in your pockets.
These can include stones, crystals, small books, and stress relieving squishy things. Anything that feels right to you

H.A.L.T.
Avoid getting Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired
Work out what it the hardest time of the day for you, and plan regular activities to occupy you during that time.

Identify risky situations that may prove problematic for you. How can you avoid them, or prepare for them so as to be safe?

Make an urge card.

This is a small card that fits in your wallet to carry everywhere. On it list healthy coping strategies, reasons not to SI, positive statements about yourself, whatever will help you most.

Reasons why i want to Recover

Talk to yourself out loud or into a tape-recorder.

Don't be hard on yourself for feeling this way.
Try not to beat yourself up inside by calling yourself names or expecting yourself to just "not feel this way" or to "snap out of it." This internal name-calling and self-verbal abuse will only make you feel worse.

Make a list of all the good things in yourself - for example: kind, considerate to others, hard worker, etc.

Tell yourself rational, encouraging things:
"This is a down day, but I know from experience that it will pass and I will feel good again."
"When I count up the good things, the reasons to hope, I know these feelings are irrational and therefore I will ignore them and do something to stop feeling them."
"Everyone has moods like this--it's part of being human; but I don't have to let a temporary thing cause me to ruin everything I have accomplished - I'll wait it out."

Identify distorted thoughts and turn them into positive ones.
E.g. If you're thinking, "I'm a bad person.", you could tell yourself, "I'm a good person and I deserve to be happy and loved".
Visualize a bright red "stop" sign. Symbolically disallow those thoughts to continue

Do a puzzle such as a crossword, wordsearch,

Use the Distractions forum on BUS.

Search for your name in google.com's image section. Or any word you like. Then collect together your favourite ones and post them somewhere - livejournal, word document.

Stretching.

Listen to soothing music.

Deep breathing:

Make a compilation tape of your favourite songs

Make bracelets or necklaces.

Scrapbook.

Make a collage:
It can be about your feelings, or a poster saying some message that you think is important
Make a "happy picture":
Cut out pictures from magazines of lots of things that make you happy, arrange them on a big sheet of paper and glue them down.

Name 5 things you can see in the room with you. Name 4 things you can feel (chair on my back). Name 3 things you can hear right now. Name 2 things you can smell. Name 1 good thing about yourself.

Watch a happy movie. Watch a funny movie especially Disney movies.

Play a computer game

Surf the Net.

Go for a walk.

Work on your website. Lots of free places like Yahoo and Tripod have a site builders that are easy to use even if you don't know html

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:42 am

which do you think will be most helpful for you?

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:11 am

which coping alternative i think will be helpful to me?
Scrapbook.

Make a collage:
It can be about your feelings, or a poster saying some message that you think is important
Make a "happy picture":
Cut out pictures from magazines of lots of things that make you happy, arrange them on a big sheet of paper and glue them down.

Name 5 things you can see in the room with you. Name 4 things you can feel (chair on my back). Name 3 things you can hear right now. Name 2 things you can smell. Name 1 good thing about yourself.

Watch a happy movie. Watch a funny movie especially Disney movies.

Make a compilation tape of your favourite songs

Play a computer game

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:06 pm

I am checking in to see if you are doing alright,and I am glad that you are. I am haning in there and doing the best I can. Thanks for the coloring pictures that you sent me. There were great.Thanks again :star:
I hope you have a great day and remember you can PM anytime if you need to. Remember to use your coping skills,and I will remember to use mine. Take care of yourself,please. Just checking to make sure you are alright. hang in there.OK :star:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:09 pm

making a happy picture sounds like it could be fun!

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:54 am

im going to make an urge card tonight,
to help me when i have ed urges

its going to be a long night for me cause i slept most of the day today , and now im wide awake, so i will be watching movies, probably in my ipod video or my portable dvd player.

also i will finish making the tape of my favorite songs i was making yesterday,

im feelling really bored at the moment,
dont know what to do to distract myself , i feel so bored, and boredom doesnt really help me

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:18 am

okay,

i talked to my therapist, was able to calm myself down for a bit,

did myy homework over but now this time i did it right ,i feel good about my photography course homework, now i m just going to relax for a while and do what my therapist told me, to try and take it easy for a while and use some of my coping skills,

i will do that in a little while.

im gonna play with play doh right now and finish making my tape of my favorite songs to listen to when i have a hard time,
i want to make a cd too, so i can put the songs on my emergency tape.

going to re-arrange my emergency box tonight. put some helpful stuff, going to make my urge card to have with me at all times,

right now im holding my doggie and he makes me feel safe. before posting here i was laying down on my bed hugging my stuffed animal that my niece gave me for my bday. it also made me feel safe.

i feel less anxious now.

im going to make myyself a safety corner for myself .
to go to when i dont feel safe like right now.

well i guess this is it for now i will post more later or tomorrow
(i posted this in my place thread here on bus, thought i should post it here too.)

i have been struggling with major anxiety tonight since i woke up from my nap at 7pm but im feeling a bit better now. which is good .
now im going to be able to work on my therapy assignments. and watch a movie, try to go to bed earlier tonight, if i can,
im having a hard time going to bed early , having a tough time with insomnia

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:12 am

I am sorry that you are having a rough time,I know how you feel,I am also not doing great. I am here for you and you can Pm me anytime. Please keep yourself safe and you will be ok,hang in there please. take care of yourself. :star:

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:51 am

okay i just went through my entire coping thread, printed out most of the coping info i have posted here, and im going to put it together in a nice binder,

im going to put in use my coping skills, i need to use them.

i think now that i have everything somewhat organized , it will help me more.
i will keep updating this thread . and i will post here instead of doing negative ed behaviors.
since this is my coping space

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:24 am

im uploading photos right now in my computer to distract myself.

i also worked in coping folder , i put all my coping info in a binder, and with that , i think it will help me to have it all togehter.

i woke up today at 1 pm and right now its almost 9:30pm im feelng a bit bored

but riht now im downloading some progrms for my computer.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:10 am

I am sorry that you are having a rough time,I am here for you and I just wanted to let you know that I care. I am having a rough time as well,I already SI last night and it has been hard on me,just hanging in there,my birthday is this Sun. I just wanted to let you know that I care about you. take it easy.ok :star:

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:25 pm

i think im catching a cold .

my throat really hurts whhen i swallow and my nose is all stuffy right now. im not feeling that well.
i might be catching a cold.

i hate colds. i hate getting sick.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:27 pm

I am sorry that you are not feeling well,I do not like colds either. Thanks for being such a good friend to me. I hope you have a nice Easter. Again sorry that you are not feeling well,hope you feel better soon. take care. :star: