the egg questionaire

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

BringMeToLife
settling in
settling in

Post by BringMeToLife » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:14 pm

:star: What motivates you to try a coping thing instead of si'ing?
Because I want to be healthy minded

:star: If you had to move twice to cope i.e. move your body, what would you do?
I'd put both of my arms behind my back and hold my hands together

:star: It's three o'clock in the afternoon and you want to si, what can you do instead?
I can talk to somebody, listen to music or write about how I'm feeling

:star: You decide at four o'clock that you couldn't possibly not si but then decide that maybe you can, what would you do to increase your chances of not si'ing?
Get out of the house

:star: List five coping things that work for you.

~ Talk to somebody
~ Listen to some music
~ Write About how I'm feeling
~ Go for a walk
~ Have a smoke

:star: Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose?

~ Red
~ Black
~ Purple
~ Blue
~ Green
~ Pink

:star: You have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented?
7 different perfumes or essential oils sampled on the wheel that I can smell to calm myself down

:star: Eight minutes are up and the hens laid two extra eggs. If you could paint how they do in the film 'Mary Poppins', on the pavement: what pictures would you paint on the two eggs? (if you've not seen the film, it's a picture that you can jump into and then you're transported there)
A picture of my home town in England and a picture of my boyfriend with his arms open

:star: Would you ever consider reciting the nine times table to take your mind off hurting yourself?
No, interesting idea though

:star: The hens are getting pretty fed up with this current egg-demand: what ten things will you say to them, to encourage them to not give up laying eggs?

~ Don't panic
~ It's not your fault
~ It doesn't matter anyway

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:26 am

I quit SIing and I don't want to start again because it snowballs, but times like these I am SO damn tempted

Go upstairs and watch a beautiful disney movie

:star: It's three o'clock in the afternoon and you want to si, what can you do instead?
Go outside in the sun and tan, call my grandma or my cousin

:star: You decide at four o'clock that you couldn't possibly not si but then decide that maybe you can, what would you do to increase your chances of not si'ing?
LEAVE THE HOUSE, go to a friends where I am safe

-Calling someone
-Leave the situation/house
-going to Liz's house
-Going to my grandma's
-Going to my Cousins

:star: Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose?
yellow
pink
green
blue
green again
pink again
yellow again

:star: You have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented?
7 different disney movies to watch, spin it to see what's first--maybe spongebob?

:star: Eight minutes are up and the hens laid two extra eggs. If you could paint how they do in the film 'Mary Poppins', on the pavement: what pictures would you paint on the two eggs? (if you've not seen the film, it's a picture that you can jump into and then you're transported there)
-A beach with nice sunny weather
-a SKYCASTLE where I could live forever and be happy!

:star: Would you ever consider reciting the nine times table to take your mind off hurting yourself?
nines are easy for me as I have a trick for them, but maybe playing a math game or something since I'm bad at math

:star: The hens are getting pretty fed up with this current egg-demand: what ten things will you say to them, to encourage them to not give up laying eggs?
-Please we need your eggs, they're beautiful eggs
-You are so kind, maybe just a break and then you'll be better
-Maybe you need some water, can I get you some?
-Please stay I love you
-MORE EGGS NOW
-I will turn you into C. Sanders
-Just a few more hours please
-I love you
-I'll talk to you, want to talk it out
-stay?
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

black_23
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by black_23 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:33 pm

What motivates you to try a coping thing instead of si'ing?
The thought of the scars, having to lie and covering it up, the thought I might not know where to stop or draw the line.

If you had to move twice to cope i.e. move your body, what would you do?
Get up and go get a hug.

It's three o'clock in the afternoon and you want to si, what can you do instead?
Play guitar/ music if at home, make cup of tea if at work.

You decide at four o'clock that you couldn't possibly not si but then decide that maybe you can, what would you do to increase your chances of not si'ing?
Find somewhere to hide with an elastic band for a few minutes/ email a friend for something to do that evening.

List five coping things that work for you.
Writing
Elastic band
Playing music
Talking
Reading

Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose?
Black, Purple, Red, Blue, Yellow and White

You have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented?
A list of quotes and photos of all my favourite things and good memories.
Tht corespond to how good/bad am feeling.

Eight minutes are up and the hens laid two extra eggs. If you could paint how they do in the film 'Mary Poppins', on the pavement: what pictures would you paint on the two eggs? (if you've not seen the film, it's a picture that you can jump into and then you're transported there)
One of Godrevey Lighthouse, and another of my uni at summer ball with all of us together.

Would you ever consider reciting the nine times table to take your mind off hurting yourself?
I would now!

The hens are getting pretty fed up with this current egg-demand: what ten things will you say to them, to encourage them to not give up laying eggs?
You are strong
You are clever and worth all the effort
Think of the next day and what can come
Things will get better
Rewards of achievement will be worth the effort
The fact your trying is all that counts
run out of ideas now sorry hens but offers hugsto make up for the fact

(thanks for posting this, really helped with some ideas)
'Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life' Picasso

'IS THERE NO WAY OUT OF THE MIND?' Sylvia Plath

My Poetry
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=97459

My Place
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=97307

leemc77
postinating the countryside
postinating the countryside

Post by leemc77 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:25 am

What motivates you to try a coping thing instead of si'ing? - my brother and looking at all the scars on my body

If you had to move twice to cope i.e. move your body, what would you do? - Cuddle up with my pillow

It's three o'clock in the afternoon and you want to si, what can you do instead? - Get out of the house

You decide at four o'clock that you couldn't possibly not si but then decide that maybe you can, what would you do to increase your chances of not si'ing? - Get out of the house

List five coping things that work for you. :
:star: deep breathing
:star: keeping occupied
:star: Take a PN
:star: reading
:star: Watching TV

Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose? :
:star: green
:star: teal
:star: aqua
:star: blue
:star: moss

You have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented? - nothing - I'm ADD

Eight minutes are up and the hens laid two extra eggs. If you could paint how they do in the film 'Mary Poppins', on the pavement: what pictures would you paint on the two eggs? (if you've not seen the film, it's a picture that you can jump into and then you're transported there) - ?

Would you ever consider reciting the nine times table to take your mind off hurting yourself? - I'm a math teacher - I know ALL the tables, and yes Chey, we teach the finger shortcut :)

The hens are getting pretty fed up with this current egg-demand: what ten things will you say to them, to encourage them to not give up laying eggs?
:star: You can do it
:star: Think of the final results
:star: You are doing a great job
:star: Just think of the rewards
:star: You are a good hen, deserving of love

Forget Me
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Forget Me » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:12 am

i dont know. i just feel somewhere like its a bad thing to do.

curl into a ball, flop down onto something soft like my bed.

It's three o'clock in the afternoon and you want to si, what can you do instead?
read a book, go for a walk, call a friend, draw a picture, write a story.

You decide at four o'clock that you couldn't possibly not si but then decide that maybe you can, what would you do to increase your chances of not si'ing?
sit outside and think. wish for rain. cry.

drawing, writing, sitting quietly and holding myself together, crying, watching the rain

Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose? sunrise pink, sunset yellow, green like my eyes, white with black splodges, and ocean blue

You have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented? its a circular path of coping mechanisms, going from mild, to extreme, back down to mild. in the middle of the circle is a razor, but the path goes around it and always stays away from the razor - you cant get to it unless you stray from the path, and you dont want to.

Eight minutes are up and the hens laid two extra eggs. If you could paint how they do in the film 'Mary Poppins', on the pavement: what pictures would you paint on the two eggs? (if you've not seen the film, it's a picture that you can jump into and then you're transported there)
1) my old house before i moved away. id be able to get to the walnut tree and the forest and my dog would be there and the hammock and the trampoline and it'd be a creal summer night and i could lie on the trampoline and look up at the stars.
2) simons old flat. everyone would be there and they would be having a party - but only a small one. people would be walking around and chatting and they would offer me drinks. and we would sit in simons room and talk about random stuff which doesnt matter at all.

Would you ever consider reciting the nine times table to take your mind off hurting yourself?
i dont know the nine times table. i can say it up until 11x9 because i can do it on my hands and then 90 and 99 are easy, but other than that, i dont know it.

i cant do this one
<center>
<b>FISHY! WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?!</b>
~"What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find."~
:o :o :o
Another Lonely Day
~~Laura~~
</center>

silvertears
settling in
settling in

Post by silvertears » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:29 pm

* God

* Get blankets, put a movie in, go to the couch

* smoke a cigerret, and put a movie in

* tell someone taht I was having issues.
* reading the word , my dog, talking to someone, cleaning, magizens, long baths

Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose?
* dark blue, Light blue, pink, purple, orange, red.
* kinda like the weal of furtion witch ever meathod it stops on is the one I use.... then try try again!

* the mountains, with nobody around. and an island.. not too hot though!

* yah but I would need a cauclator lol
The hens are getting pretty fed up with this current egg-demand: what ten things will you say to them, to encourage them to not give up laying eggs? * I will starve to death.... who would keep me company... its your purpose in life.... I'll chop your head off watch you run around for a while and then eat you! ......

Wandering
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Wandering » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:26 pm

I was so sure I'd already done this years back, but it appears not...

Wanting to work with other people who SI in the future - I want to be able to show them that it is possible to stop

Go find my dog and pat her. Go for a walk

Phone a friend. Go shopping. Walk the dog. Go biking

Get out of my room. Tell one of my friends how I feel and ask them to check how I coped in the morning

list five coping things that work for you.
Talking to a friend. Walking. Staying around other people until I'm too tired to SI. Listening to and reading the lyrics of a christian song. Drinking alcohol (ok maybe not the best but it works)

Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose? Black, silver, aqua blue, white, brown, grey

a zorb (basically an enormous hamster ball for humans to use)

A picture of the place I lived in new zealand. The swiss alps.

I don't honestly think it would work...but I shall try it - the craziness of doing such a thing might achieve the purpose.

This is a good thing to do with your life
I could never do what you do
There are so many things you can do with eggs
The egg substitute stuff doesn't taste anything like eggs, you're the only ones who can give us the real deal
You don't want to be used for your other purpose...lol
Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember
Visitors welcome!!! : My Place

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:41 am

-scared I might lose control and die

-go for a walk
-smoke

-Text Taylor. Go for a walk. Text anyone. Post on BUS

-RUN AWAY, well that is take a loooooong long walk or go for a Jog. If it's an emergency call Liz or those emergency services

-walking
-texting/talking
-keeping busy
-praying
-Reading the bible

red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet <333 my favs

a spinny wheel with coping things on it!!!!!!! like at those carnival games

-A BEACH
-A FAIR

nines tables are easy because I have a trick. Maybe ... idk something else

-LAY EGGS DAMNIT
- worrrrrthless
-I'll pay you a minimum payment, but no minum wage
-NO UNIONS
-you'll die if you dont lay eggs
-its what you do
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

I'm.that.forgettable.
creating your space
creating your space

Post by I'm.that.forgettable. » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:37 am

I really don't want to hurt people.. that's why I hurt myself to start, so no one else would have to deal with my problems.. so if hurting myself hurts people I love, then I don't want to.

1)Cover my body completely (stockings, pants, gloves, long sleeves, anything I can so that I have to undress myself completely to si)
2) Go for a run

Go online see if my boyfriend or any friends are on, call someone, basically anything so I don't feel alone, watch tv, make bracelets, basically just try to kill time.

I would remind myself that I love someone sooooo much, and it would kill me if I found out they had..so I think it would work the other way around too and I'd probably try to go be by someone who would make me feel loved and appreciated.

1) just going and being by myself to cry
2) talking to someone who will either sympathize or cheer me up
3) watching tv or reading
4) running
5) writing, definitely my best coping method (the contents of my head spilled on paper, with no judgements, other than my own. VERY CURIOUS.)

Probably green, blue, blue-purplish shade of color I found on a grape amp tab, red, light blue, lavender or anything that would make me feel calm. (yes red does make me feel calm.... or maybe that's just a connection to si.... I dunno.)

Seven minutes of utter insanity. Probably just a piece of paper with a circle I drew and colored in with words spiraling... things I find inspiring like quotes, names of people I love, coping methods and distractions, personal reasons for not SIing..ect.

1) Probably wherever Brady is, so I can take him with me to my second egg.
2) Our special place <3.

Yes, I probably would, and then I'd use the finger trick, but I like the idea of an odd # times 3 plus 1, ect, ect.. it'd probably keep me busy longer.

1) Please don't give up on me.
2) If you do give up, people will hate you!
3) Giving up never fixes anything. Just leaves you hopeless.
4) I'm pretty sure no one will feed you if you give up because you'll be useless in consideration to some people, and they'll probably let you starve or kill you.
5) I'll make you live with me if you give up! (hopefully that'd be enough to scare 'em back into laying more eggs)
6) There are people who still need you.
7) Don't be silly, giving up isn't an option.
8.) c'mon, people wanna eat your babies!
9) Stupid chicken.
10) Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I love baby birdies, and BESIDES, I just wanna paint on your eggs so I can go to magical places, it's not like I'd actually **eat them.. ;D
hugs and pms are perfectly okay.

Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Bodycount *possible trigs* (My Place)

"You know the thing about hope, how it sneaks up behind you when you're sure everything's in the toilet, and starts whispering to you that maybe, just maybe, things could turn around." --Joan Bauer, from Rules of the Road

KLove24
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by KLove24 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:49 am

my son and the fact that I never want him to think that what I do is ok or normal

smoke
exercise

play with my son
get on here and talk to someone about the way i feel
call a friend
write out my feelings

leave the house

writing sometimes
do my hair or makeup
get on the internet
music
call someone

black
hot pink
teal
lime green
electric blue
purple

i have absolutely no idea

the ocean and a gorgeous beach all by myself
the waterfalls up by my dads house

I'd consider doing anything if it would help me stop

please don't stop laying eggs... i really have nothing else
<center>

<A HREF="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... A>*replies welcome

</center>

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Re: the egg questionaire

Post by pelagic » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:38 am

The fact that I don't want to be covered in ugly red lines. I want to be scar free, or at least noticeable-scar-free :)

Go for a walk/jog, or move to my desk to go on BUS

-Walk my dog.
-Go jogging.
-Call a friend.. C or S or T or whoever.. and ask if they want to hang out/walk to 7-Eleven
-Bake a cake/cookies
-Drink tea and eat oatmeal.

Remember that I don't have a tool that I'm comfortable using... Or possibly put the medication somewhere else, or maybe flush some of the over-the-counter stuff down the toilet..? Talk to a friend, go on BUS, go on distractions, play guitar! and hug my dog!

-Taking a bubble bath and reading
-Drinking tea and eating oatmeal
-Watching a favourite DVD
-Playing guitar or drawing
-Leaving the house... going out, even if by myself, to get sushi or something.

cyanpinkpurplelimegreenorangeyellow. I'm bad at counting, was that six or seven..?

I got bored and made soup instead :)

A beach that's rocky and sunny but really windy with lots of seagulls and where I can stare at the ocean and reflect on things

Nuu I hate math it makes me cry!

Well, I'd first say that it's their choice and I'll love them anyway. But I'll tell them that I love them SOOO much because they are so silly looking and I require their eggs for easter!! How can they soil the day of EASTER!! and then I'll tell them that duck eggs aren't half as good as theirs but I GUESS I'll have them instead... that'll make them chickens so jealous somethin' guuud... they'll HAVE to lay eggs, just to show those stupid ducks who's boss!

Yeah.

esther_mouse
growing roots
growing roots

Post by esther_mouse » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:44 pm

my first ever post :o

The possibility that someone would find out and I'd have to go through all that again if I SI.

Find book, read book. :)

Cook something.

Watch silly cartoons on kid's tv.

Um...I'm not sure yet.

I'd probably choose a nice shade of one colour then paint each one slightly lighter each time, so the colour flowed nicely.

My user account on this forum... >.>

Um, I think I'd paint my boyfriend's house, and this café that I love going to in town called The Hub.

I don't think so...I have OCD and any repetitive counting sort of traps me into a cycle of doing it and I have to do it right or I feel very anxious and crowded.

1) These are the best eggs I've seen all year.
2) I'm awfully sorry to trouble you, but I really appreciate your eggs and I'd be ever so grateful if you'd keep making them.
3) I know it's getting tiring making all these eggs, but you're the best at it.
4) Thank you so much for the lovely eggs.
5) Other birds just can't compare!
6) These eggs are wonderful for painting, they've got the smoothest shells.
7) Your eggs are helping me :)
8) Are you a chicken or a mouse?! You can do it!
erm...running out of ideas here >.<
9) Don't be a chicken, be a REAL hen!
10) Um...well, I guess if you're getting tired I could always go ask some ducks instead. Thanks!

onlypurples
bus addict
bus addict

Post by onlypurples » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:43 pm

- I have gone over 6months without cutting and I really want to try and wear my new swimsuit out in public this summer, despite my scars. I won't be able to wear it if I have any new marks that might be visible.
- I have to remind myself emotions come and go and that I might be feeling different in 15minutes, so at least give myself that much time --- the scars will last longer than 15minutes, so I deserve at least 15minutes!
- How I know there are better and more constructive ways to cope rather than hurting myself, even though the other coping mechanisms might be harder.
- Explaining my self-injury is harder than any coping mechanism I know to try...
- I don't need any more scars or marks or physical pain than I already have.

Get up and go into the other room. Pick up yarn and hook, then crochet.

Go back to sleep, I work nights! Roll over, grab a stuffed animal and maybe cry a bit... or get online... but ultimately try and find a way to get back to sleep.

Get out of bed, taking a shower, and start getting ready for work early. Go into work early if I can... or just start writing, blogging, crocheting, talking on the phone, or getting online. I could also curl up on the couch, watch my friend who anchors the 4pm news on TV, and remind myself how much she loves me and doesn't want me to hurt myself. I could also remember how I was once on her newscast at 4pm in the afternoon too!! Haha :) And I was on TV with her talking about self-injury.

1. Crochet
2. Writing (physically writing or on the computer)
3. Talking on the phone
4. Typing, because it keeps my hands busy
5. Going to sleep

1. Purple
2. Red
3. Blue
4. Light blue
5. Light pink
6. Light purple

Something that makes me constantly touch it, hold it, manipulate it in order to keep it physically together. It is something that depends on me to fuction, work, operate -- not machine operated. It would be looped together with yarn, using various sized hooks too.

1. A room full of people who I know love me and support me, despite my skeletons and scars.
2. Heaven, with Jesus and angels everywhere!

Probably not... math does not relax me in the least!

1. Would you like a massage?
2. Let's allow some of your eggs to hatch so they can then grow up and help with this egg demand, instead of just eating them all.
3. How many eggs do you know you can produce each day without becoming this stressed out? Can we compromise?
4. Would you like me to fluff your hay? Would that make you feel any better??
5. At least you get to sit down all day!
6. I'll let you watch me when I paint your eggs.
7. Today all of your eggs are going to charity, so do it for them - not yourself.
8. "Hang in there!"
9. I can't lay eggs for you, but I would if I could!
10. We all have our jobs in society and yours is laying eggs. When you stop doing this, someone else will have no choice but to stop doing theirs. We are depending on you to do your part and we love you.
I'm always a shade of purple...

"Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness" - Psalm 51:14 (TLB)

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~Dan Rather

http://www.mercyministries.org/

dryheat
one of us
one of us

Post by dryheat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 am

What motivates you to try a coping thing instead of si'ing? That I will eventually use heroin or worst.

:star: If you had to move twice to cope i.e. move your body, what would you do? Walk to my shoes and go running.

:star: It's three o'clock in the afternoon and you want to si, what can you do instead? Go outside for a while, walk.

:star: You decide at four o'clock that you couldn't possibly not si but then decide that maybe you can, what would you do to increase your chances of not si'ing? Make myself a hot tea and move around while the water boils.

:star: List five coping things that work for you. Running, gym, read, watercolor paint, running again

:star: Take six eggs and paint them six different colours: what colours would you choose? 3 shades of red, gray , white and black.

:star: You have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented? Mountain bike

:star: Eight minutes are up and the hens laid two extra eggs. If you could paint how they do in the film 'Mary Poppins', on the pavement: what pictures would you paint on the two eggs? (if you've not seen the film, it's a picture that you can jump into and then you're transported there) Scubba diving in Tahiti and jumping off an airplane in Europe somewhere

:star: Would you ever consider reciting the nine times table to take your mind off hurting yourself? No but I can draw 9 different kitchen tables

I'm allergic to eggs........I have only 4..
-Try
-Try harder
-Eggs feeds people
-Stop whining

Twocky61
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Twocky61 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:47 am

Nothing really except my gf but often my feeings for her make me want to SI/SH

Run & jump

Go on BUS

Intimacy with my gf NOT especially to have sex if at all

AEA (Don't ask)
Walking
Driving
Alcohol
Spliff
Sex

Not sure of this wuestion as deleted due to lag and fact if tou backspace it deletes letters as you retype, Either site issur ot connection

Walking
Driving
Alcohol
Spliff
Sex

have seven minutes to invent the coping wheel: what have you invented?

Nothing as not an inventor

Grand Canyon

Possibly

C'mon Darlings
Lay a f****** egg or you are Sunday dinner (!)
Please
C'mon I want an onelette
I'm starving
C'mon you are EGGcellent hebs
I know you are EGGxausted but I will buy you a nice new hen house & a widescreen telly
What mnusic will make you lay like a fruit machine on jackpot payout?
C'mon you buggers
Oi lay an egg

While you scream at the woman you claim to love, there's a man wishing he could whisper in her ear.

While you humiliate, offend & insult her, there's a man flirting with her & reminding her how beautiful she is.

While you hurt her, there's a man wishing he could take her pain away.

While you make her cry, there's a man stealing smiles from her.