Paint a room

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:56 pm

1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like?
It'd be black

2) Change the image of the room to match how you *want* to be feeling that gives you the power to control what’s happening in your life today. What does it look like now?

now its bright yellow with flowers along the walls and its full of teddies

3) Which feels more comfortable the first colour scheme or the second?

the second one because it feels safe and secure

Callisto
postmaster
postmaster

Post by Callisto » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 pm

1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like?
the room would be a jumble of objects with no order to it, the walls would be covered in very busy patterened wallpaper. the type where trying to follow the pattern gives you a headache. all this reflects how mixed up I'm feeling and how mixed up and out of control my life is starting to feel.
2) Change the image of the room to match how you *want* to be feeling that gives you the power to control what’s happening in your life today. What does it look like now?
now the room is pale blue, a calming colour. everything is in order. there is a high ceiling and big windows through which the sun is shining. it feels peaceful and tranquil.
the second without a doubt. i don't like the rushed, chaotic feeling of the first it makes me feel like im drowning.

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Wed May 16, 2007 11:20 am

Grey. It's just all grey. Empty, dark, shadowy, cold, hell.

I think I'd like to be feeling pale pink walls, white ceiling. Calm, warm, inviting, no worries allowed through the door.

The second one.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

recovering4me
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: Paint a room

Post by recovering4me » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:10 am

limestone wrote:1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like?

my room would be blue and black with red dripping down the walls

i want my room to be a serene cream color or a light yellow.

second.
:uhhh:
Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak
Completely cut free since sometime in Aug, im not going back.
My Place
Sober since June 19
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
*grieving the loss of my little girl, Addie Leygh, RIP baby girl, mommy loves you*

Lycander
growing roots
growing roots

Post by Lycander » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 pm

limestone wrote:1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like?
I don't have the energy to paint. Unfinished drywall. Unmade mattress. Duffel bag of mixed up dirty clothes in the corner. Dirty window. I'd sweep the floor, though. I _want_ it to be nice, I just don't have the energy.
Bright white trim, strong, clean, light blue walls. Big, clean window looks out over a tree. I got a bedframe for my bed and brand new sheets, and make it every morning. I folded all my clothes and did my laundry. I opened my window yesterday when the weather was nice, so it smells lovely! I splurged and had an old art project I really liked framed professionally, and it's hanging on the wall.
It's a small room, but it's awesome.
I swept the floor again.

:uhhh:
Duh. But the second sounds like a lot of work. I'm glad it was just imaginary.
Pour un instant j'ai oublié mon nom;
Ça m'a permi enfin d'écrire cette chanson.

Lycander's tent

Nothingness
one of us
one of us

Post by Nothingness » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:23 am

I think it would be... Probably white or a clear color, but parts of it would look dirty. Also, there would be these stains, big stains of blackish red/brown/stained yellow growing on the walls, like they've been splattered. And a big, dripping stain on the roof. How ugly...

I'd take off the stains, I'd make it more colorful. With drawings, perhaps well-defined caricatures instead of just cluttered stains.

The first one :blfrwn: It's what I'm used to, I don't feel secure in the second one, it's too cluttered. It feels too charged, too perfect... I don't fit in it, I don't know how this could be mine :(
What does this mean?
My favorite song at the moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX7I7n-4_Y
Enjoy!

handmade mute
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by handmade mute » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like? The room would be a mess of colours swirling crazily in and out of each other. It'd be rather painful to look at directly, I think, because it would be just a bit too bright to be comfortable.

2) Change the image of the room to match how you *want* to be feeling that gives you the power to control what’s happening in your life today. What does it look like now? It would be blue, not a bright blue, but a dark, rich, soothing blue full of soft furniture to crawl onto and fall asleep on. It's not dark, but not bright, just a comfortably dim lighting perfect for sleep.

3) Which feels more comfortable the first colour scheme or the second? The second, by far. I feel like that first one is my head right now, and the more I try and isolate an issue to resolve it, the more I'm blinded by the rush of colour and energy.