I wish you all could have a guy like mine :) *Mention of SI*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Dreamwater
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

I wish you all could have a guy like mine :) *Mention of SI*

Post by Dreamwater » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:38 pm

Hey all,

I've decided my guy is the biggest sweetie out there. He knows about my cutting addiction (If you can call it that :-? ) and is completely supportive and understanding. Apart from threatening to move all sharp objects from the room (Joking around a bit afterwards, trying to lighten up the situation) he wants to know when I cut. He understands why, and just holds me and doesn't say a word, let's me cry onto his shoulder till I'm ready to talk. He is completely non-judging, and understands it's my coping method. I know he doesn't like it, but he told me I'd give up when *I* was ready, and he wasn't going to force me to till then, and when I did decide he'd be completely by me. He's prevented me from cutting many a time, just at the thought of him. And now I'm trying to last the month he's away from me, so when he comes back he can be proud of me. It's not easy, things are so much more tougher and difficult when he's not around, and Mum gives me more shit, but so far it's been nearly three weeks and I haven't given in! :D It might not seem like much, but it's a major achievement for me, when I'd be lucky to go a week without cutting.

So, anyway, that's my bit of fuzzy warming post from a relative newbie. I bid you all to take care, and that there are some guys out there who are still supportive!

Jasmine
<center><a href="http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... >Jasmine's Poetry</a>

Tried to save a place from the cuts and the scratches
Tried to overcome the complications and the catches
Nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day
Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away...
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

babyelephant
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by babyelephant » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:55 pm

My best friend/guy is like that too, really realy supportive, I lvoe him to pieces. We're so lucky!!

Take Care, glad you've got him

Amber
xxx

Dreamwater
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Dreamwater » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:00 pm

I know :D The only one thing I have against him is his weed smoking, but like cutting is my way of coping, that seems to be his. We're working things out. He wants me to move in with him. I love him so much! I couldn't imagine life without him! We'll be designing a house together or moving into something really nice once he buys land in two/three years time (He's selling the house he's got at the mo, starting up a business and working for some money to buy a really nice property)
<center><a href="http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... >Jasmine's Poetry</a>

Tried to save a place from the cuts and the scratches
Tried to overcome the complications and the catches
Nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day
Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away...
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:25 pm

congrats to both of you. :D that's amazing and i'm glad you guys are so lucky.

now as for us single people.... i guess i'll have to find one that comes close to your guys. :wink:

but thanks for sharing; it's reasurring.

love+hugs, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]