All Numb...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

RJAEangel
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

All Numb...

Post by RJAEangel » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 am

I have been *SI* free since March 25th...mostly because I don't care about anything anymore...not even enough to cut. I feel numb...inside and out...what is this numbness I feel? I'm all numb... ~Rhonda
"I'll lend you the shirt off my back, a shoulder to cry on, kleenex if needed, ears to listen with, the food off my table, and my life for yours just to be with you for one more day." ~me

~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore~

- Leave me alone to die... -

darkrose
growing roots
growing roots

Post by darkrose » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:52 am

I know how you feel. I sometimes get like that. Alll of a sudden nothing is important and everything seems.....fake. It's weird and I don't know why we get like that! it would be a good thing to ask someone who would actually know!

-darkrose
I wonder how many people are saying "fine" when they're not.

I think that from now on I'm going to look a little bit deeper...because I'm not the only one.

jenica h.
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by jenica h. » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:59 pm

I've been there before... enveloped in a sensation of numbness. I've been there for many months-- many years, but I found the best way to break away is to do something enjoyable or do something physical; do something that will make you feel alive, such as sprinting a short distance.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

SI Free

alegria
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by alegria » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:16 am

I feel that way right now too. And i am resisting attempts to make me feel better, i don't know why. I try to feel bad but i can't even do that. And i feel like i shouldn't SI unless i feel really bad so i just feel empty.
Sorry i don't have anything better to say. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone.
Be well
~alegria
Deliver me, out of my sadness.
Deliver me, from all of the madness.
Deliver me, courage to guide me.
Deliver me, strength from inside me.

All of my life i've been in hiding...

~Sarah Brightman

8akharris
one of us
one of us

Numb

Post by 8akharris » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:05 am

I understand what you mean because I've felt like that before. All I can say is that you have to ride it out- sort of like a fairground ride you get on and then realise you don't want to be on it anymore half way through- does anyone understand that? Hopefully the feelong you have will go away soon, but until it does I am here to help if you need it.
Love Kel x.

8akharris
one of us
one of us

Numb

Post by 8akharris » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:05 am

I understand what you mean because I've felt like that before. All I can say is that you have to ride it out- sort of like a fairground ride you get on and then realise you don't want to be on it anymore half way through- does anyone understand that? Hopefully the feeling you have will go away soon, but until it does I am here to help if you need it.
Love Kel x.