Inspiration to fight the good fight

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Zapster61
one of us
one of us

Inspiration to fight the good fight

Post by Zapster61 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 pm

This article gave me a merciful, positive way to look at myself after I mess up and cut after I've been trying really hard not to. I like trying to see myself in a different light that doesn't leave my feeling so down and depressed. Cuz I'm not perfect but I try. If you need some encouragement, I would highly recommend reading it.

https://hopeshearth.wordpress.com/2015/ ... victories/

Are there other things that you all come across that inspire you to keep going? Please share! :1grhug:

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Re: Inspiration to fight the good fight

Post by swirlish » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 am

I really loved reading that, thank you!

I especially liked this bit, I hadn't considered that before but it's a great suggestion and an awesome coping idea:
Take out a sheet of paper and write down the date you last hurt yourself. Then tally up the number of days it’s been since then. Somehow, it meant more to me when I tallied each day rather than summing them up in digits. It paid justice to each one and forced me to acknowledge how many successes I had to be proud of. I taped my paper to the ceiling above my bed (might be more practical to put it by your bathroom mirror or someplace more accessible) where I could look at it when I felt too down to get up and start my day. Keep adding to it as you keep saying no and feel appropriately proud for each tally made. Let’s stop rehearsing the guilt/shame as we approach a more merciful, truthful view of ourselves.