What would make it okay?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Pippi Longstocking
one of us
one of us

What would make it okay?

Post by Pippi Longstocking » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 am

I sometimes think everything would be okay if I could have a good cry and have/ask for a hug.
But I can't and there isn't anyone. :-(

What do you think would make it 'all okay' for you?

(I know it wouldn't but sometimes... *often* that's what I'm craving).

Stawberry_Lollipops
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: What would make it okay?

Post by Stawberry_Lollipops » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 am

Pippi Longstocking wrote:I sometimes think everything would be okay if I could have a good cry and have/ask for a hug.
Everything may not be magically okay after a good cry or a hug but it can go a long way to making you feel better about what's bothering you or going on in your life at the moment. I know that if I have a cuddle with my boyfriend and cry for while it makes me feel heaps better and a little stronger, probably because I've not only expressed myself but I've expressed myself to someone else. Expression is a big part of relieving feelings and if you can do that, it can really go a long way to making things okay for a little while.

I'm sorry though that there is nobody you can ask for a hug and to cry too :( Is there nobody at all? Not even a parent figure? *sends virtual hugs* :1hug: :1hug: :1hug:
Perhaps you could just curl up with lots of blankets and a few stuffed teddies or toys and cry for awhile. I've done that before and while it's not as great as actually having somewhere there, it helps a bit.

I don't think there is one thing that would make it all okay for me personally. It's a combination of things but the hugs/crying/expression thing definitely goes a long way for me. I guess therefore expression is the one thing that could make things okay...that said that comes in various forms. Writing, painting, singing, talking it out with someone, writing on bus etc.

I wish there was more I could say to help but maybe try some form of expressing your feelings. It may help :purpstar:

Ness :bfly:
~ My Place ~

"Rejoice in our suffering, suffering produces perserverance, perserverance - character and character hope"

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

“There is no use trying,” said Alice; “One can’t believe impossible things!”
“I dare say you haven’t had much practise,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day
Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” - Lewis Carroll

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to the difference.