Someone I knew died yesterday....

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

PokemonGeek
town councillor
town councillor

Someone I knew died yesterday....

Post by PokemonGeek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:38 am

The person who died was the crazy lady's step-dad. The woman's mom and John, her step-dad, were always good to my sister and I and the rest of our family. John was 90, a WWII veteran, and an amazing woodcarver. And I mean REALLY amazing. I remember he carved a Native American princess, Chief, and warrior that were life sized and had all these little wood works throughout the house that he did. He even made the dining room hutch and a doll house for Anita's, his wife and the mother of the woman who assaulted me, grand daughter. He was suffering for the past few years with alzheimer's and was in a home for people suffering from the disease for the past three years. I will miss him and wish I could go to the viewing but am afraid of confronting the crazy lady. I'm not sure how she would react if I showed up by myself and I doon't think my dad will take me for the same reason. At least John isn't suffering anymore. I just feel bad for his wife but I know that this is a burden off of her because she was struggling with selling their house after he went into the care home as well as some additional anxiety over her daughter's state of mind and well being. I will always remember him for his wonderful carvings.
I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live,
I've got all my love to give, and I'll survive
I will survive
~Gloria Gaynor

‎"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you; maybe you just need one person"
-Kermit the Frog~The Muppets

"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog (Pokemon Black/White)

BUS Family:
s0_vERY_sCaReD

Somehow the wires uncrossed
The tables were turned
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn
I'm feeling good from my head to my shoes
I know where I'm going and I know what to do
I've tidied up my point of view
I've got a new attitude!
˜Patti LaBelle

kiwi33
board admin
board admin

Re: Someone I knew died yesterday....

Post by kiwi33 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 am

Sounds like he was a great guy.

It is a good thing that you have positive memories of him :) .
Alone we are born
And die alone
Yet see the red-gold cirrus
Over snow-mountain shine.

From High Country Weather, James K Baxter

You walk with an intelligence
That informs a clear bright eye
There are unexpected revelations
In the company of ravens.

From In The Company Of Ravens, Maddy Prior

PokemonGeek
town councillor
town councillor

Re: Someone I knew died yesterday....

Post by PokemonGeek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Went to the viewing today and that made John's wife Anita happy. She said that John loved it when I came and visited them at their house. Last time I saw him was on his birthday three years ago. He had just moved into the care home and we had a little celebration for his birthday. He still recognized me and was glad that I came to visit. John was always working on a project whether it was five feet tall or two inches high. If he wasn't down in his basement workshop working, he was at his little table either making pencil outlines on pieces of wood or adding the finishing touches on something. He made realistic ducks of all sizes and every one of them had outlines of feathers and each feather had even more detailing giving the look of a real bird. He never really painted his artwork but rather gave them a clear coating of finish to preserve the wood's natural work. He also used some dark finish on some of his projects.
I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live,
I've got all my love to give, and I'll survive
I will survive
~Gloria Gaynor

‎"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you; maybe you just need one person"
-Kermit the Frog~The Muppets

"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog (Pokemon Black/White)

BUS Family:
s0_vERY_sCaReD

Somehow the wires uncrossed
The tables were turned
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn
I'm feeling good from my head to my shoes
I know where I'm going and I know what to do
I've tidied up my point of view
I've got a new attitude!
˜Patti LaBelle