Discovered a weird coping method

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Calder0789
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Discovered a weird coping method

Post by Calder0789 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:11 am

So, I recently was given a World of Warcraft game card for christmas. Now, I played about a year or to ago but got burnt out so I was just sort of sitting on the card not using it. Then the other day I had some REALLY bad urges and to distract myself I decided to go through the annoying sign up process and get the game downloaded. The distraction as nice but the REALLY nice part was the next day when the urges hit again and I sat and actually PLAYED.

Gotta say being able to vent frustrations by blowing up Kobolds with my mind was very therapeutic, and chatting with other gamers made me feel less isolated.

Just figured I'd share my new little discovery for anyone out there who plays but has never tried to use it for coping^ ^
A hero is just a man who knows he's free.

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: Discovered a weird coping method

Post by Jamas » Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Definitely! Playing games online is a wonderful distraction from the things that bother us in life... :wink: :geek:

Take good care,

-Jamás :bfly: