Boundaries.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Joseph
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Boundaries.

Post by Joseph » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:58 am

Boundaries

My last act of SI was triggered due to my lack of boundaries and my respecting acknowledging my therapists boundaries. My life has suffered because my boundaries were taken from me. I wish to learn to take them back without hurting others so there is some place in between I need to find while forgiving myself as I learn. I would like to here how recovering people here have faced these issues and recovered their ability to have healthy boundaries.
My name is Joseph, formally sirjnj.
place
Workshop
Just for Today
*Hugs & PMs Welcome*
I have a BUS family now :)
SprinkleZ, Kate, and a7xcncangel are my sisters

angelafree
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: Boundaries.

Post by angelafree » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 pm

i'm hopeless with boundaries.

i find it's best to start practising with "safe" people who won't react with negative or angry feelings. For me it's my mum, she is safe because i can tell her anything and even if it's bad we can work it out.

if you have particular boundaries you want to use with a particular person, try writing them down and putting them in constructive sentences so you are ready. you need to know what you want from putting up these boundaries so the message is clear and you don't get confused either.
-AngelaImage
ImageImageImage