Craving SI

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Cathulhu
one of us
one of us

Craving SI

Post by Cathulhu » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:11 am

Hello all,

I'm not new here, just not been around for a long time I forgot my old user name. :-?

So I've not SI in 4 years now, and of some reason in the past week or so i've been really craving it, that the best way to discrive the way i'm feeling Crave, It's all i can think about, i'm really not feeling sad or anything like that.
But i'm worried that i'm going to give in.
Is it odd that i'm Craving SI???
I don't really no what i want from posting here, but it's makeing me feel abit better doing so

Leanne :dkblheart:

Ishi
one of us
one of us

Re: Craving SI

Post by Ishi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:35 pm

I do not consider that 'odd', under any circumstances.

Various people have various needs, and some whiles, self injury becomes that *need*. It's one of the most useful, even though not productive / healthy, coping tools, so it's not strange to just want to do it again in times it's hard to cope.

Post as you feel comfortable. (from a newbie, I'm assuming that the forums are *made for this*, so it's welcome to post.)

TerrierQueen
one of us
one of us

Post by TerrierQueen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:38 am

I've often felt the same way, increasingly so it seems. It's been about three years for me since I've self harmed myself. I guess it's because that was one thing that was there for us whenever we felt down/depressed/stressed...and although it's not a healthy nor productive coping method, we yearn for that "comfort" or sense of familiarity?

Sometimes it just helps to sit down and write or type what you're feeling, helps sort things out? =)

:blkstar: Caitlin
--Caitlin :bspider:
2 years SI free

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:29 am

I agree - it might be the desire for a sense of security or familiarity.

You say you aren't sad - but is anything going on like being stressed about something? Too busy to take time for yourself? Or something you're even a little bit worried about?

Maybe write a lits of reasons why you stopped hurting yourself in the first place? And good things that came out of it?
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

Cathulhu
one of us
one of us

Post by Cathulhu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Thank you all for your good advice and support, Sorry for not reply eariler i need to get my head together Thanks again Leanne xx

TerrierQueen
one of us
one of us

Post by TerrierQueen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:57 am

Hope you're doing well!
--Caitlin :bspider:
2 years SI free

Cathulhu
one of us
one of us

Post by Cathulhu » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:05 pm

I am Thank You : :)

eccentricfuzzyme
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by eccentricfuzzyme » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 am

I can relate to your feelings OP. I still get the strange urge out of nowhere. It always surprises me. I try to examine it, see if there is a legitimate motive, or if it is just some strange nostalgic brain wiring crossing or something. Ussually, for me, it is the latter.
"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on."