What else can I do? *ED*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

MOTH
one of us
one of us

What else can I do? *ED*

Post by MOTH » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:53 pm

I need to have other things I can do when I feel like I'm about to binge and purge.

When I get the urge to binge (which leads to purging) what should I do to stop the urge? :-(

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: What else can I do? *ED*

Post by Licentia Poetica » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:11 am

If you start to binge, tell yourself that it's okay and you don't need to keep going. Umm, you could drink a lot of water or something like tomato juice to stop the craving, or simply distract yourself with these.

There's a forum called Please Be Healthy if you want more help about eating disorders - go check it out by going up to "Usergroups" and requesting to be added to the PBH board.

Remember that your body naturally gets the urge to binge if it is starving and needs nourishment, so if you want to minimise those urges, maybe try to eat more in the first place. (I know that's not as easy as it sounds, but that's the science of bingeing).
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins