Help

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Help

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:49 am

I just wish someone would read what I posted here,called Anxiety and Frustrated,I am feeling terrible right now and I do not feel like anyone cares about me at all. I just need someone to be my friend and help me out. Please read my post that I wrote a couple of days ago. Thanks.
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: Help

Post by Jamas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:16 am

I care... :1grhug:

Wishing you hope and help... :bfly:

-Jamas

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:00 am

Thanks so much. I feel so alone right now.take care :heart:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

badgirl22
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by badgirl22 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:42 am

I am here if you want to talk.
-Badgirl22

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks. I will keep that in mind for tonight. take care. I am hanging in there. HUGS :lpurpstar:

dejavu0225
bus addict
bus addict

Post by dejavu0225 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Candy,
I'm Sue. Here is a little tidbit of what I appear to be if you were walking down the street and saw me. I'm middle-aged, need to lose 25-30 lbs. I carry a "doggie backpack" in case my little 6 lb. dog gets too tired to take the full 1 hour walk. I also walk my middle sized dog, Travis. He's a Vizsla. You can look him up at AKC.org (can you tell I'm a proud mommy?) I also have this contraption for my african grey bird. I put a kitchen towel over my right shoulder (to catch her droppings) and then attach this leather pad thing with small holes in it on to the top of my shoulder and tighten it under my arm and the other piece goes around my neck and under the other arm. The little holes are for her to get a good grip. Just close your eyes for a moment and visualize. Even I know how bizarre I look.

My upbringing was miserable, my mother is mentally ill and will never acknowledge it. That's okay. Now that I know why she behaves the way she does. It would have been helpful years ago, but mental illness was not at the top of the illness list back then. I married my college professor in 1983 and had my first child in 1984 and my last in 1987.

Back to growing up: My 10-30ish years were turbulant. There were few times when the 5 of us were relaxed and content. The 3 of us children (up to this day) would laugh and point at each other and delightedly laugh that one of them were the "flavor of the week" which meant we weren't the ones being scrutinized and could do no right. It still happens today. My sister will be 60 and I will be 56 this month. Our brother will be 50 in November and we used to call him the oopsy baby, but when I found out my daddy was cheating, Jeff became the "you can't leave me with all these children baby".

There is my youth in a tiny nutshell. It's your turn!
Now don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.
It slips away and all your money won't another minute buy.
Dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wind. -Kansas

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Jamas » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 am

:1grhug: Hope you're doing well this weekend.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:32 am

Thanks so much. take care of yourself as well.I am doing ok. :blueheart: