Anxiety and Frustrated

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Anxiety and Frustrated

Post by Candy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm

I had a rough time Thursday night. I called hotline and said something that I should not of said. I mention that I was going to su,cause I can not get my medications at all. We still do not have a doctor at program,and the next thing that I know,the cops were here and they took me to Niagara Falls hospital. They talked to me and everything,they did give me a 7 day supply of Clonazpem,so hopefully we will get a doctor soon.It is causing me alot of anxiety. On the discharge paper they wrote, Case Management referral made S6,which is another day treatment program,I go to the one in Lockport. I am ok now,but I do have a lot of anxious at night time though. What does that mean about the case management?. My friend thinks they are going to get me a case manager. I was so upset about not getting my medication and worrying that I will run out,that I panic real bad and got scared. I did not tell my parents about what happen,they would not be very supportive with me. If any one has any suggestions,please let me know. If they do not get a doctor in soon,I am going to have a make a decision about this,cause I do not what to run how of medications and I am afraid that the next time I go,they will keep me. I just need my medications and the anxiety is not helping me at all.I go back to my program Wed,and I will be talking to my therapist about this, it is not our fault that the we do not have a doctor and my family doctor does not want to do it,cause he never wrote these medications for me at all. I am so confused right now. Help me out. Hanging in there. thanks. HUGS to you all.
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: Anxiety and Frustrated

Post by Jamas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 am

It sounds like you're feeling frustrated and scared and confused right now, to not be able to get your medications -- is that right? Perhaps your case manager could help you to get your prescriptions filled? Is there anything that could persuade your family doctor to help you?

Best of luck, :clover:

Jamas :1grhug:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:05 am

I have no ideal what my family doctor will do,someone will have to talk to him for me. I feel like doing SI and I am trying to fight it right now.I can not even focus on my coping skills right now,cause I am soo stressed out that my thoughts are racing. I have not been doing good for awhile and not seeing a doctor is not helping me right now. I have program tomorrow and I will talk to my therapist. It has been 4 months since I seen a doctor there. I just do not want to be alone and coming here helps me alot. Thanks Jamas for your support. I have been feeling depressed and trying so hard to deal with this alone,cause I do not know what else to do. Again thanks. take care. :lpurpheart:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Jamas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm sorry that you feel like you've been alone in all this. :1soothe: It sounds like a lot to have to deal with by yourself.

I'm glad you're fighting the urge to SI ... you sound like a very strong person. I believe in you. :bonsai:

It's great you're talking with your therapist in the program. I hope they, or your case manager, can help you get to see a doctor soon. It sounds like you really do want to see a doctor... is there someone -- like a peer supporter or an advocate -- who can help you to communicate with your family doctor? Even if he didn't write you the original prescriptions, it sounds like discontinuing the prescriptions is causing some severe withdrawal symptoms for you -- did I understand that correctly? So... perhaps he would be willing to help you through those withdrawal reactions until you can get connected with a psychiatrist? Just a thought...

Take good care, today,

-Jamas :1grhug:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for the wonderful support you have gave me. I found out today,that we should have a doctor in next week,I think it is on a Tuesday,so say a prayer that we do. I had a great day at program and a good talk with my therapist. She wants to help me get back on track. I just need to take it slowly right now. I am hanging in there. I am going to relax for awhile. I will be back on later. again thanks so much.take care :blueheart:

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm

I am reading, but late.

It sounds like it happened under tough circumstances, but having a case manager may end up being a very good thing. It sounds like you need things (a doctor who will work with you and medication) that you haven't been able to get... a case manager may be able to make that process a LOT easier for you so this doesn't happen again.

I don't know how it works when you are in a day program in one place and went to the hospital in another, but surely they can talk to each other and sort out what would be best for you? Having more people "on your team" will hopefully be a good thing. And it sounds like your T is helping you too, so that is good.

Glad you are taking some time to relax, and I hope you are past the worst of the anxiety around this.

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Jamas » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 am

Hope things are going OK and are still on track. :bonsai:

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:52 am

I am glad it all worked out :redstar:
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Candy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:34 am

Thanks so much. I am doing alright. take care. have a great day. :lpurpheart: