Coping with Envy?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

*poke*
town councillor
town councillor

Coping with Envy?

Post by *poke* » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Hey there coping board!

Recently I have been consumed with Envy. (different from jealousy in that with envy you want something that someone else has, rather than just looking at them and wishing you were them etc..)

Im envious of a friend of mine, shes expecting a baby. and though I know I'm not ready for one, its not a good idea etc, I still find myself really envious of her!

I was wondering if anyone has any hints or tips on how to deal with it? Its affecting my dreams, my waking time, my Uni work, and my realtionship.

Thanks,

Sarah xx
Burnt Hobbits On Toast!!!!!

Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak

>>>>>>>>> :marm: !!!! <<<<<<<<

kermit
driving instructor
driving instructor

Re: Coping with Envy?

Post by kermit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Do you know what is that's feeding this feeling? Maybe working on identifying that would help. For example if you were feeling envious because she's becoming responsible for a child maybe you could look into getting a pet that you are responsible for looking after? Alternatively would it help to look at it from another point of view - you get to share the good times with the child but don't have to put up with any of the more mundane things like potty training.

:cystar:
and tomorrow will come
When today is done...

"To me, photographyis an art of observation. It's all about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see, and everything to do with the way you see them."
- Elliott Erwitt

*poke*
town councillor
town councillor

Post by *poke* » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:45 pm

thanks for the reply Kermit :)

I would love an animal to look after, however at the moment im in a rented room in a student house, and we aren't allowed animals :( But I go home and see my cats and my fiancees dogs when I can :) It does help, I have to say! :)

As for the mundane things, I crave those as well! I think im just extremely jealous, but I guess when I see her in a couple of weeks I will be able to talk about things with her. Shes even suggesting a sleepover, but I dont think I would be able to survive that, not without my OH being there (and the point of it was that the men are going away so us girls should get together)
Burnt Hobbits On Toast!!!!!

Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak

>>>>>>>>> :marm: !!!! <<<<<<<<

Snow Belle1986
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Snow Belle1986 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:04 pm

What about fish? I know it's not the greatest option but they do require you to feed them and clean their tank and all that. I have a plecostomus fish and I like to spend time talking to him and change the neat stuff in his tank every once in awhile.

What about a Chia pet or a Chia herb garden? That requires some care and if you do the herb garden you will have fresh herbs for cooking or gifting. Or even a spider plant those are pretty cool.
Snow Belle

:dkpurpstar: :purpstar: :bluestar: :lblstar: :cystar: Image :cystar: :lblstar: :bluestar: :purpstar: :dkpurpstar:

Image Image

SplinteredGirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by SplinteredGirl » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 am

fish would be really neat. i have a friend that has some angel fish and its quite the hobbie, theyre always buying new things to put in the tank like plants and stuff.
:redstar: