I just barely avoided cutting today and I need help coping

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Lucky071307
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

I just barely avoided cutting today and I need help coping

Post by Lucky071307 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 am

Today I nearly went insane because I felt like I had to cut. I didn't cut thank God but I dont think that just sitting there trying to outwill my addiction will work for me again. Can somebody please help me find new coping methods? (P.S.: the rubber band thing doesn't work for me because I get violent and hurt myself that way)
"I try to live without you every time I do I feel dead. I know whats best for me but I want you instead, I'll keep on wasting all my time" -Over and Over by Three Days Grace

"I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God." -Psalm 69

"The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved." -Mother Teresa of Calcutta

~Lucky (Last SI April 14th 2010)

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Re: I just barely avoided cutting today and I need help coping

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:39 am

i'm sorry.

i'm low on words right now, but i read and i'm thinking of you.

:lblstar:
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥

kittyfever
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by kittyfever » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Hey there. :disco:

I'm sorry. I feel the same right now. It sorta reminds me of the movie "Idle Hands." Anyways, sitting around can make it worse. Maybe try doing something you enjoy. I'm a goofball, so I "mosh" with my stuffed animals lol. But perhaps some guitar playing, or some gaming,--knitting works for me. Small little things that let me exert aggression, or remind me that I can do good things with my hands too. Hope the feelings passes. :purpstar:

Yeah...the rubber band snapping can become a problem in itself, it's not for everyone. Some people prefer ice. Also, drawing on yourself can be fun. Not red marks, but actual drawing.

Lucky071307
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Lucky071307 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks for the help guys it really means alot. Ill try playing my guitar more and see how that works. I'm actually playing right now haha :). I owe u both
"I try to live without you every time I do I feel dead. I know whats best for me but I want you instead, I'll keep on wasting all my time" -Over and Over by Three Days Grace

"I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God." -Psalm 69

"The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved." -Mother Teresa of Calcutta

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm

guitar helps me relax and focus on other stuff. i lost my capo though :-? so i haven't been playing this week. i think i'm about ready to give up and buy a new one. those suckers aren't cheap tho ya know? lol

hope you're doing good today.

:lgrnstar:
L
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥

Lucky071307
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Lucky071307 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah haha they really are expensive. Thx for checkin in on me btw im doin MUCH better :D

kittyfever
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by kittyfever » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Glad you're feeling better...I'm playing rather suckily right now! LOL..

Hmm the elusive capo..there's one for sale at the target near me for around 9.00 bucks I've never had one..I wonder if it's any good--the feedback on it is horrible though..if it breaks that's no good, but 9.00 is sooooo tempting...I might try it out :olol: