Self Re-parenting? ever heard of it.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

onyx
settling in
settling in

Self Re-parenting? ever heard of it.

Post by onyx » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 am

My T told me that this may help with my therapy and self esteem issues and letting go of my past. was wondering if any of you had done it or heard of it or maybe could point me in the right direction of how to get in to doing this for my self. I have found out what it is and what can be gained from it, but nothing on how to put it in action. I posted this in my place but not sure of how many if any one reads that so i figured i would put it in a more general area, admins please move this if its not in the right place. i figure it is a coping skill. thanks alot!
+*+ Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.+*+

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: Self Re-parenting? ever heard of it.

Post by Jamas » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 am

I'm not certain of that particular technique, but I do often try talking with my "inner child," and having my "inner child" talk back to me, about what I have to do to be a good "mommy" to her. Is that kind of what you're focusing on?

Best of luck with it, either way. :clover:

onyx
settling in
settling in

Re: Self Re-parenting? ever heard of it.

Post by onyx » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 am

Yes that is somewhere near the idea of what it does, but i still am a little bit unsure of it, thankfully i get to go see my T tomorrow. and she also has me going to this group thing called Celebrate Recovery, it was started as an alternative to AA but has grown in to full blown group sessions from AA to emotional stuff, Habits hang ups and hurts. Any one else going to Celebrate Recovery?
+*+ Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.+*+