coping with the "noise"

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Chey Kizoxie

Re: coping with the "noise"

Post by Chey Kizoxie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:40 pm

though i dont get the same type of inner voices I do know how strange it is when the meds do seem to sighlence to inner nonsence. Hopefully the voices stay away and the meds keep helping :1love:

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:22 am

:bluestar:
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 am

i think you are very strong to keep going like you are...at one time last year, i had major depression with psychotic symptoms and had to be admitted...the psychotic symptoms have not returned, but ever since then i have struggled with the silence the meds induce...it seems like more silence than i'm used to? if that makes sense...good job with trying to cope with that silence. i understand how glad you can be that it's there, but also how difficult in a way it can be to deal with.

keep going.
you can do it!
:dkpurpstar: :heart: :dkpurpstar:

L
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:30 pm

'hearing' things has only happened to me a handful of times, so I can relate but it must be hard to cope with all the time.

i think you're doing great.

i hope the silence continues.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

StevieLynn
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by StevieLynn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:48 am

I too hope the silence continues for you. I know it can be scary (I hear voices quite frequently, and they're never very nice either) but it's a sign that meds are working. When you are used to the noise all the time, the silence can be unnerving. Do your best, my dear. Here if you need anything. I totally understand you.

Love,
Stevie
In Which Something Oooh Occurred

And it felt like a winter machine that you go through and then you catch your breath and winter starts again, and everyone else was springbound. And when I chose to live, there was no joy, it's just a line I crossed. I wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found....But when you live in a world, well, it gets in to who you th ought you'd be. And now I laugh at how the world changed me. I think life chose me after all.
--Dar Williams

StevieLynn
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by StevieLynn » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:01 am

I'm going to give you a handful of suggestions; I hope it's not too many. I know the feeling of being overwhelmed and not knowing which to choose.

Get enough sleep
Soothe yourself with a bath or a cup of tea
Pray
Get enough exercise - maybe take a walk around your neighborhood
Distract with an activity you enjoy or want to learn

Just a few things that sprang to mind out of my DBT training. Good luck. I'm thinking of you.

Love,
Stevie
In Which Something Oooh Occurred

And it felt like a winter machine that you go through and then you catch your breath and winter starts again, and everyone else was springbound. And when I chose to live, there was no joy, it's just a line I crossed. I wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found....But when you live in a world, well, it gets in to who you th ought you'd be. And now I laugh at how the world changed me. I think life chose me after all.
--Dar Williams

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:22 am

When dealing with the silence, try keeping the radio on or talking to something (I don't like talking to myself, it makes me feel lonely... but a pet or a toy works). I find it less harsh than television.

Another good coping method is exercise. You wouldn't believe the improvements when you get an hour of exercise a day. You don't have to go to the gym or lift weights or anything, just walk an hour a day. It's easy, it's free, and it will help with your sleep and overall mood. In the beginning, it feels dreary, but after a week you will start to feel good and feel out of place if you forget.

We're here for you, you aren't alone :cystar:

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 am

Hey there, dropping in. Glad to hear you are feeling good. I know what you mean though, I often feel apprehensive when I feel overly good or good for "too long" wondering when the floor will drop from under me. But I encourage you to enjoy you're happiness for as long as you can.

best of wishes
:redstar:
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!