How to cope?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Cyrille
settling in
settling in

Post by Cyrille » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi lovebug, I'm sorry you're feeling so out of control. The internet is full of lists of coping strategies and some of them might help and I suggest you try a few if you can, I also suggest you avoid any coping strategy you find which you think might be triggering.
One of the best coping mechanisms I've ever used is to reach out in a support system to people who might have an idea or care about what I'm going through. Just talking can really help.Thats kind of what you're doing now without anyone telling you, so congrats. You can also try: crying, exercising like walking, jogging, aerobics, relaxation, yoga, massage, stretching, humor, meditation, breathing exercises, hot baths, music and art that you like, hugging cute animals or if none are available looking at pictures or videos of cute animals, trying doing something active and social if you think you can, try writing out the way you are feeling.
Once again, don't do any of these things if you have a feeling they will make it work. I don't know a lot about your particulars but you really don't need to worry about your family or blame yourself for anything right now.
I'm listening and I hope that helped. If not just ask and I know lots more
Cyrille :)

Joseph
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 am

lovebug

There are many many young woman like yourself here. Reach out and just say hi in their places. It is OK. Even just a star and asking permission to read along will let them know you are here. No one will say no and they will know you are here. Some will visit you right away and some will visit when they are in a better place then they may be at the present.

You will find love compassion and a lot of ladies who have been where you are right now and have learned to cope

Oh by the way have a :moo:

:)
My name is Joseph, formally sirjnj.
place
Workshop
Just for Today
*Hugs & PMs Welcome*
I have a BUS family now :)
SprinkleZ, Kate, and a7xcncangel are my sisters

PLAIN JANE
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by PLAIN JANE » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:51 am

reading and caring!
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Place