My "?" feelings would improve if I ...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

middleaged
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Re: My "?" feelings would improve if I ...

Post by middleaged » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:10 am

My self hating feelings would improve if I list some good things about me.

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:09 pm

middleaged wrote:My self hating feelings would improve if I list some good things about me.
Are you doing that?

Mia

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 pm

one out of none wrote:
mian wrote:Bump!

When you've answered the question, I suggest adding "so why am I not doing that?", if only to yourself. Might give you a little kick to do/get what you need.

Mia
My deep feelings of loneliness would improve if I made myself leave the house.

So why am I not doing that?

I have a lot of issues with social anxiety, to the point where even going to the shop is a big deal. I feel like everybody is laughing at me and judging me negatively, even though rationally I know that they have their own things to worry about.

I am going to get out tomorrow, because I am so lonely I feel sick to the very core of myself. I will get everything ready this evening, so I have no excuse not to do it in the morning.
I was so impressed to see that you're planning to go out, despite your fears and anxiety. I think doing something when you're that scared is one of the bravest things you can do. I hope you managed to and that it helped.

Mia

angelclown
creating your space
creating your space

Post by angelclown » Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 pm

My feelings of self-loathing would improve if I did something to make me feel good about my own body.
My feelings of inadequacy would improve if I listened more to the friends who supported me, and binned the ones that antagonise me.
Life is just a series of opportunities that, if experienced, you can raise a glass to during a game of I Have Never.

My Health Thang

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:39 am

my feelings of anxiety and restlessness would improve if i got ready to go out and then found something useful to do in the 45mins before i have to leave.

...why am i not doing that?
1. i feel like i have too many things to do so i can't concentrate on one. what i can do: add to and double-check my todo list then pick one of those things to do.
2. i feel like i'm going to do badly, fail, lose my momentum and hope, fall back down into depression, if i really try and make my business idea work. what i can do: get other people's perspective and advice, figure out contingency plans if i run out of money or everything goes horribly wrong.
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 am

treasure wrote:my feelings of anxiety and restlessness would improve if i got ready to go out and then found something useful to do in the 45mins before i have to leave.

1. i feel like i have too many things to do so i can't concentrate on one. what i can do: add to and double-check my todo list then pick one of those things to do.
2. i feel like i'm going to do badly, fail, lose my momentum and hope, fall back down into depression, if i really try and make my business idea work. what i can do: get other people's perspective and advice, figure out contingency plans if i run out of money or everything goes horribly wrong.
How are things going now? Did you act on your to-do list?
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Just Pomegranates
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Just Pomegranates » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:23 am

My tired feelings would improve if I gave myself longer to rest :1couch:
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” - Dalai Lama XIV

“The shark that does not swim, drowns.” - Russian Proverb

treasure

Post by treasure » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 am

Gaball Screen wrote:
treasure wrote:my feelings of anxiety and restlessness would improve if i got ready to go out and then found something useful to do in the 45mins before i have to leave.

my appt was very encouraging, i feel like i can achieve things if i try. yep, straight after writing here yesterday i did the first thing on my todo list, i just need to get it looked over by someone else for more suggestions. guess i can start on the second item today :)
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 pm

treasure wrote:
Gaball Screen wrote:

my appt was very encouraging, i feel like i can achieve things if i try. yep, straight after writing here yesterday i did the first thing on my todo list, i just need to get it looked over by someone else for more suggestions. guess i can start on the second item today :)
Good job! :D

Mia

StarChild
growing roots
growing roots

Post by StarChild » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:07 pm

My anxious feelings would improve if I made some structure for my day.

:lgrnstar: loki

Clean & sober since July 14, 2012.
SI free since January 29, 2016.
Cigarette free since May 12, 2017.

"i'm falling back in love with being alive."
- Kesha, "Rainbow"

moon raver
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by moon raver » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Joseph wrote:My lonely feelings would improve if I called a friend.
my lonely feelings would improve if my mom didn't have a job
that's not possible though so...
my lonely feelings would improve if i started classes
my hurt feelings would improve if i didn't let things get to me

StarChild
growing roots
growing roots

Post by StarChild » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 pm

My money worries would be improve if I committed to accountability (texting my best friend before buying something).

My shame feelings would improve if I opened up to someone about what I'm going through.

My paranoid feelings would improve if I could talk to my therapist. (But I can't until tuesday)

Clean & sober since July 14, 2012.
SI free since January 29, 2016.
Cigarette free since May 12, 2017.

"i'm falling back in love with being alive."
- Kesha, "Rainbow"

noldo
forum moderator - coping & place & expressions
forum moderator - coping & place & expressions

Post by noldo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 pm

My "worthless" feelings might improve if I call R tomorrow and get some honest feedback. I doubt it will be worse than my thoughts and anticipations.
sig and avy made by wonderful wds

My Place (replies, hugs, stars welcome) My Art (comments very welcome) My PBH Thread (replies very welcome)

English isn't my native language, please bear with me.

You always deserve help. It doesn't matter if you already made progress; it doesn't matter if someone else has it worse; you deserve help.