Music = feeling (fill in the blank)

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Erinyes
settling in
settling in

Music = feeling (fill in the blank)

Post by Erinyes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:59 am

I can honestly say that good music does make me feel different things. Like for example The Smashing Pumpkins...wicked good music but it makes me in a blue mood with a lost feeling. I'm acctually sitting here listening to them. I was over in the Bodies Under Siege section reading posts but then thinking...my body isn't under siege anymore i'm past SI and I beat it with the help of BUS. I'm not going to let it control me anymore....I don't know if i'm ranting or even if i'm on the right topic but i do know that i am learning to cope with these feelings and regardless of how they make me feel i will always have BUS web board to help me. Just wanted someone to know...Thanks
~Erinyes :bluestar:

calisticks
creating your space
creating your space

Re: Music = feeling (fill in the blank)

Post by calisticks » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:58 am

I am so glad to hear that you have recovered so well, Erinyes! Good for you! That is a wonderful positive attitude for sustaining recovery! :1dance2:

So... to add to the thread ...

Samba drum music makes me feel excited and defiant! :1dance:

OK, peoples... open thread! How does a specific kind of music make YOU feel? Who's up next? :wink:

noldo
forum moderator - coping & place & expressions
forum moderator - coping & place & expressions

Post by noldo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:03 am

Some German music (Bodo Wartke) makes me laugh over and over again, no matter how often I have listened to it. A German song ('Narben' from 'Subway to Sally') pushes me more towards self-harm and triggers me re: cutting and also cutting deeper which I use sometimes intentionally. Could say sooooooooo much more about the music I'm listening to as music is very important to me and it really influences my mood but that's it for now, I probably come back to post more another time.
sig and avy made by wonderful wds

My Place (replies, hugs, stars welcome) My Art (comments very welcome) My PBH Thread (replies very welcome)

English isn't my native language, please bear with me.

You always deserve help. It doesn't matter if you already made progress; it doesn't matter if someone else has it worse; you deserve help.

desperateforgrace
forum moderator - spirit
forum moderator - spirit

Post by desperateforgrace » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 am

The song "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill makes me feel sad, yet hopeful. Overall, though this song gives me comfort because even though I don't get to see the people I think about when I listen to this song, I know they will always be in my :heart: . I will never forget them!
By day I wear a mask of happiness and openness
By night, I cry a flood of tears
Wanting so much to show my real face
And be enshrouded in grace

"You are not told to build a skyscraper. You are told to be faithful with your brick."-FT
"You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held /Your world's not falling apart; it's falling into place."-Casting Crowns' "Just Be Held"

Rose and Paws are my sisters :)
My new place
My OLD place
my PBH
My poetry