Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:53 am

I am doing alright. I had a good day at program,but it could of been better for me,but I got through it just fine. I took a nap after I got home and then my boy-friend and I went out for awhile. Then we came back here and watched t.v. He just left to go home and get some sleep,I will be doing the samething soon. NO SI tonight and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I have been keeping myself busy by doing positive things for myself and it is helping me alot. I will be back on after program tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:15 pm

I am doing alright. I have been keeping myself busy around the apartment and doing positive things for myself. I have not been on cause I have been trying to give my wrist a rest so it could heal,it will take time to heal,even though it will take awhile. NO SI so far and that is great.I am feeling pretty good and my moods are stabel as well. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to enjoy my day today. be back on later. take care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:02 pm

I am doing alright. I know that I have not been on for a few days,I have been busy with my boy-friend and plus I have been giving my wrist some time to rest,it will not be healed till next month. I am feeling pretty good,just somewhat depressed with everything that is going on,but I will be alright. I will be going to day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. I have been keeping myself busy by doing positive things and NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program. I had a good talk with my therapist and she helped me alot. I am going to relax till my boy-friend gets here. NO SI so far and that is great. I have been doing positive things for myself and using my coping skills that will help,till my wrist heals then I will go back to writing. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I just watched t.v..He went home to get some sleep,and I will be doing the same thing soon. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good and I am using my coping skills. I will be just fine. I will be back on tomorrow after program.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:37 pm

I am doing alright. I know that I have not been on for awhile,I have been feeling depressed,but I am doing what I can to help myself. I have been busy with my boy-friend so that helps,still can not write,so that makes it hard on me. NO SI so that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to enjoy my day and do positive things for myself. I will do my best to enjoy my day. be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:44 pm

I am doing alright. I had a good day at program,it felt strange going on Monday,but the groups are great.I will be cleaning tomorrow and doing positive things for myself. NO SI so far and that is great. I feeling pretty good and keeping myself busy. My wrist is starting to get better and it does not hurt as much,so hopefully it will get well soon. I am going to enjoy the rest of the day and be good to myself. My boy-friend will be here soon,not sure what we are going to do yet. I just wanted to let everyone know how how I am doing. I will be just fine.be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 am

I am doing alright. I know that I have not been busy lately and getting tired out,cause I need more sleep. NO SI so far and that is great. My wrist is starting to get better,so hopefully next month it will be healed. I have been keeping myself busy by using my coping skills. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I need to take care of myself and get some rest. I will be just fine tnight and my boy-friend is here with me. I will back on tomorrow.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 pm

I am doing alright. I have been keeping myself busy around the apartment today. I also took myself out for dinner and I felt great afterwards. NO SI so far and that is great. My wrist is still sore,but it gets better everyday. The day treatment program is going great and so is my relationship with my boy-friend. I am feeling pretty good,just feel frustrated sometimes. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 pm

I am doing alright. I know that I have not been on for awhile,just feeling frustrated that my wrist has not healed yet,but I am doing everything that I can to help it get my better. NO SI so far and that is great,cause it has not been easy for me lately. I am doing pretty good at program and the groups are going great,it has helped me alot. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later on.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 pm

I am doing alright. I know that I have not been on for awhile,just going through a lot right now.My friends and I got into a fight and we are no longer friends,so I have been feeling depressed. My wrist is not healed yet,so that does not help much,it is getting better,just not 100% better. My boy-friend is doing great. I slip with self-harm,due to the fact that I can not get my emotions out the way I want to,cause of my wrist. I am on medication for it. I am feeling depressed and confused about stuff right now. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I will be back on soon. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 pm

I am doing alright. I know it has been awhile since I was on. I have been busy visiting friends and spending time with my boy-friend. I have been doing great at program and no self-harm so far. My wrist is getting alot better and I have been taking it easy with it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good,just frustrated about my wrist,cause it is hard for me to get my feelings out when I can not write. So I have been taking it easy with it. I am just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 am

It's nice to see you again. Glad to hear that your wrist is doing better.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 am

Thanks for the relpy. I am glad that I am back as well. My nurse said about three more weeks for my wrist,and then I have to take it easy with it. I am going to spend time with my boy-friend. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:59 am

I know that it has been awhile since I have been on. I am feeling alright. My boy-friend is back into the hospital,so it has been hard on me,it is cause of his breathing again. I have been keeping myself busy and hopefully soon my wrist will get better,then I am will be able to write.That will be great. NO SI so far and that has been really hard for me. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good,just tired right now. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 am

It has been awhile since I have been on. My boy-friend is back in the hospital due to his breathing again,so my holiday weekend was not the greatest. I also had a cold over the weekend,so I am trying to get over that. My wrist is almost better,and that is great. I have not done any SI so that is great. I spent the weekend by myself,but I kept myself busy. I have program tomorrow so I am looking forward to going in. I have been keeping myself busy with my coping skills that I can do at this point. I am hanging in there,just feeling depressed,but I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I know it has been awhile since I have been on here,the reason for that is that I have been sick with a bad cold and my boy-friend has been in the hospital. I am doing pretty good at program and the groups are going great. I have not done any self-harm lately,but the thoughts are there,and I keep fighting it. My wrist is getting alot better,it takes awhile to heal,I am hoping and praying that it heals in a week or so, so I can start writing again. I am keeping myself busy by doing positive things for myself and it is helping. My boy-friend is home,he got out yesterday,he is feeling better. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine,going to spend the day with my boy-friend. taking care of myself. Be back on later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:50 am

IT has been awhile since I have been on here. I have not been doing good. I already slip with self-harm last week,but I am ok. I am dealing with issues with my boy-friend and I am trying to work things out. I still have not have written in my journal due to my wrist,so hopefully when I see him next week,it will be better. I hope so. I have been feeling stressed out lately and it is hard to express my feelings right now.I am just taking care of myself. I have not use my coping skills,due to the fact that I need my hand,but I am doing the best I can. Day treatment program is going good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be ok. I am haning in there right now. Be back on when I can. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 am

I am doing alright. I made myself a goal that I was not going to do any Self-harm for 2 months,I am trying very hard to make it. My wrist feels alot better,but I will know more when I see him this Friday. I hope it heals up,cause I had it for awhile. NO Self-harm so far and that is great. My boy-friend could not come over,cause he is sick with the flu,so I am keeping myself busy. I have been keeping myself busy,by doing positive things for myself. I am feeling pretty good and I am just relaxing right now. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing just fine. Be back on later on.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:20 am

I am doing alright. I am relaxing and watching t.v. My boy-friend went home to get some sleep. I have program tomorrow. I hope that when I see my doctor this Friday,that he tells me that my wrist is fine,it is getting very frustrating for me,when I want to write. NO SI so far and that is great. It is hard when I want to write and I am afraid to hurt my wrist more,I have tenditois in it,if I spell that right. I am feeling pretty good and keeping myself busy. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on soon. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile: