Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:36 am

I am doing alright. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and we are having a good time. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early for program. NO SI tonight and that is great. I have to see my therapist also tomorrow. I am feeling pretty good,just frustrated with the fact that I cannot write yet,I am just hanging in there. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on sometime tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:10 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and a good talk with my therapist. I have a few things to do,then I am going to lay down for awhile till my boy-friend gets here. NO SI so far and that is great. I know that we are going out for awhile,so that will be good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great night with my boy-friend. We went out for awhile and had a great time. I am going to do positive things for myself today to help me feel better. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. My wrist is still sore,I hope it gets better soon. I hope everyone has a great 4 of July. taking care of myself

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:01 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day so far,and when my boy-friend gets here we are going out for the fourth of July. NO SI so far and that is great. I already had dinner and did the dishes. I am feeling pretty good and I hope that my wrist heals soon. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later sometime.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great time last night. My boy-friend and I went to the fireworks,they were pretty. I am doing things around the apartment to keep me busy and positive as well. NO SI so far and that is great. I am feeling so-so,but I will be just fine. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I just hope that my wrist gets better soon. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:20 pm

I am doing alright. I had a good dinner and then I took a nap for awhile. I am just waiting for my boy-friend to get here,not sure what we are going to do,find out when he gets here. NO SI so far and that is great. I am feeling so-so,just want my wrist to heal. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:32 pm

I am doing alright. I am going to do positive things for myself and take care of myself. NO SI so far and that is great. I had a great night last night and I got the sleep that I need. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good today and I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:15 pm

I am doing alright. I am slightly depressed due to everything that is going on,but I will be alright. I took myself out for dinner and that helped me feel somewhat better. NO SI so far and that is great. I am just waiting for my boy-friend to come over,not sure what we are going to do. I will be just fine. I am working on a puzzle right now,so that is keeping myself busy. I am taking care of myself. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:09 pm

I am doing alright. I am cleaning my apartment and getting things done around here. My nurse will be over later to do my medications for me. I have to see my family doctor this Friday and see what he says about my wrist. My boy-friend and I went to visit some friends last night and we had a great time. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:04 pm

I am doing alright. I got my cleaning done and then I did other things around my apartment. Then my nurse came over and did my medications,he said it will take awhile longer for my wrist to heal. There is nothing I can do about it till I see my doctor Friday. NO SI so far and that is great. I am waiting for my boy-friend to come over,not sure what we are going to do tonight. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:36 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program today. I have a few things to do before my boy-friend gets here,not sure what we are going to do yet. NO SI so far and that is great. I am feeling pretty good,my wrist is still sore,but it is starting to get better. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:43 pm

I am doing alright. I took a nap for awhile and now I am waiting for my boy-friend to get here. I am feeling pretty good,just slightly depressed due to the fact that my wrist is not better yet,but I need to remember that it takes time. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I have program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going on. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Cornelius
one of us
one of us

Post by Cornelius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:35 am

Hi candy,

I hope you are doing well tonight. I joined Bus last year but havent really needed it until now. Or rather gotten up the nerve to talk to anyone.
I have been dealing with some sort of mental disorder since I was very young, but it hasnt been until this year that I got up the courage to get help. I too suffer from anxeity, Iv had panic attacks in the past as well. They come and go.
im trying to figure out what I have, Im going to have an assessment done soon. I know something is not right with me. My moods are unstable, and can escalate easily. im not sure exactly what it is. I know I have problems with worrying excessively.I think my dr thinks im bipolar, but I have a feeling it could be BPD. I guess i should do more research on it though. But maybe we could talk about it if youre up for it.
Tonight my anxiety built up pretty big, and I kinda freaked out and just need someone to talk to that might understand, or might be able to offer some insight into BPD. none of my friends understand about mental illness. Im feeling very alone.

(im a girl just for the record. in case the name " cornelius" made you feel uncomfortable. I think its always a bit easier for girls to relate.)

Anyways your posts made me hopeful to see that there is someone else out there. Be well and take care.

Thanks. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:47 am

I am doing alright. I had a great day today and we went to visit some friends and we had a great time. Thank-you for the post that you sent me,it made me feel good inside,even though I am feeling depressed tonight. NO SI tonight and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. Again I am here if you need someone to talk to,cause I am cared. Thanks. I will be just fine. Be back on tomorrow after program.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:00 am

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and then I took a nap for awhile. Now I am watching t.v.with my boy-friend and we are going to relax NO SI so far and that is great. My wrist is still sore,but eventually it will get better. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good,just somewhat depressed. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:50 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and the groups went great. I took a nap for awhile and now I am waiting for my boy-friend to get here. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I see my doctor tomorrow and I will find out how my wrist is doing and how long it will take for it to heal. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:10 pm

I am doing alright. I went out for lunch with a friend and have a great time. Now I am going to wait till my boy-friend gets here. I am not sure what we are going to do for his birthday,but I will find out when he gets here. I went to see my doctor this morning and he told me that it will take time for my wrist to heal,just keep doing what I have been doing. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:43 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great night,my boy-friend and I went out for awhile. I am feeling pretty good today and there are things that I need to get done,but it will no take me long. NO SI so far and that is great. My wrist is still sore,but it is getting better. I have been using my coping skills and once my wrist is better,then I will go back to writing. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:52 pm

I am doing alright. I have been keeping myself around the apartment and my boy-friend will be here later on. I am feeling pretty good and I have been keeping myself busy by doing positive things for myself. NO SI so far and that is great. I already had dinner and did the dishes. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have been using my coping skills,but it still hurts to write,hopefully soon it will be better. I will be just fine and have a great day. I will be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I am doing alright. I got my cleaning done this morning and then I took a nap,my nurse came over and did my medications for me. After he left I had dinner and did the dishes. NO SI so far and that is great. My boy-friend will be over later on,not sure what we are going to do. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I need to work harder on using my coping skills that I have,and when I able to write then I will,cause I have other coping skills to use. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile: