Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Re: Candys Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I am doing alright.I am in the DBT group at program. We only have one more skills to learn. It is the Emotional Regualtion skills. I am still have problems with SI and fighting the urges. I have been using my coping skills and doing what I can to help myself,but it can be so hard though to fight it. My therapist is trying to help me with my self-esteem,cause it is so low. I feel lost and confused with these skills. It probably takes awhile to learn them and master them. I am glad to be back. I just feel lonely sometimes. I hate it when I slip with self-harm and then I do not want to tell anyone,cause I feel like I let them down or they will get mad at me. I know that they are there to help me,I just feel like there is no hope for me when it comes SI. Has anyone felt this way? I get so angry at myself for it.If anyone has any suggestions or advice for me,please let me know. I just need to know that someone cares about me. I am going to relax and watch t.v tonight. I will be alright. Just not happy with myself. thanks for listening to and reading this. take care. :plant:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.