Getting through christmas/new year

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: Getting through christmas/new year

Post by Licentia Poetica » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:54 pm

I got through cooking with my mother. Tomorrow should be fun, actually. I'm cooking a roast for my boyfriend and we're just having a quiet romantic night.

Thank god I'm avoiding the extended family this year!!
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

capricorn
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by capricorn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:59 pm

That sounds nice :osmile:
I'm really missing my girl. We've been having some very hard stuff the last few days and could really do with seeing each other.
Sadly, family commitments ... :-?
~Capri
xoxo

"Awake and unafraid."
My Chemical Romance

"I am haunted by humans."
The Book Thief

"Been trying hard not to get into trouble, but I've got a war in my mind."
Lana Del Rey

"It's always darkest just before the dawn. So stay awake with me. Let's prove them wrong."
Rise Against

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Dune

a7xcncangel
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by a7xcncangel » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:35 am

Alcohol is a big trigger for me around New Year's. Everyone is my family is 21+ and I'm still 18 going on 19. Plus, my parents would murder me if they found out I drank. (Alcohol and I don't get along well and have a bit of a history...)
Mum: ReineDuSommeil
Sister: waydownsouth, nomad2207, noldo
Brother: sirjnj
Daughter: Azira
Cousin: DuchessN, jadestarwalking
Aunt: Cheycatsgarden

capricorn
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by capricorn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:50 am

bump
~Capri
xoxo

"Awake and unafraid."
My Chemical Romance

"I am haunted by humans."
The Book Thief

"Been trying hard not to get into trouble, but I've got a war in my mind."
Lana Del Rey

"It's always darkest just before the dawn. So stay awake with me. Let's prove them wrong."
Rise Against

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Dune

breathing
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by breathing » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:44 am

This entire season is just so triggery to me. I feel so alone...

It seems that ever since I registered for bus, I have been online during the holidays. But at least the forums are here. :)

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:38 am

I remember spending all my holidays online. It felt kind of pathetic at the time, but it got me through. I think it's hard to like Christmas when you're forced to do family stuff you don't want to do. I like it a lot better now that I can plan who to be with and what to do for myself.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

Paws
forum moderator - place & welcome wagon
forum moderator - place & welcome wagon

Post by Paws » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I knew I'd seen a thread like this somewhere....

I always find this time of year really hard. I can't really identify a reason, it's just... Hard.

I've typed many things right here on this post, and deleted them... I don't know. I just always feel so lonely no matter where I am or how many people are around me. I have attachment issues anyway and thinking about the people involved, and them spending time with loved ones somehow leaves me empty (Pathetic huh? :roll: ) It's funny how you can romanticize other peoples lifes and relationships!

I don't enjoy spening time with my family, I just feel imense pressure to be happy and smiley and that has got harder and harder for me lately. To the extent that I don't like the person I am when I'm around them at all anymore. Snappy and sullen, despite any efforts from them.

I find it really tough to not just completely isolate myself. Even though thats what I want to do, I know that in the long run it will only make me feel worse!
:bfly: If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies :bfly:
:1hug3: :1hugs: :1hug3:
My BUS family.... Much love to my sisters :magheart: Noldo and Fraggle :magheart: Roseleaf and Grace :magheart:

:1paw: Paws for thought... My place :1paw:

Regaining Control - Alcohol... My PBH