cut that won't heal *SI* and kinda gross

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

heartonmysleave
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

cut that won't heal *SI* and kinda gross

Post by heartonmysleave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:31 pm

warning, this is kinda gross, and about SI, but I really do need advice from anyone who knows any first aid, or stuff. so I'm leaving pleanty of space to look away!

7 days ago I got a pretty deep cut. its quite serious, but I didn't get it treated.

now its really not healing well, it won't scab over, bandaging it means that they stick to it, and I've been putting anti-septic creams on, but they don't seem to be helping. its not infected, but its worrying me...anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:46 pm

go get it checked out ASAP . It's pretty serious if it has not healed at all within a week .

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

heartonmysleave
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by heartonmysleave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 pm

I really _really_ hate doctors...

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Well, alternatively could you call a doctor to find out how urgent / bad the situation is. I am not in the UK, but I think I've heard that the NHS offers some kind of service like that.... but seriously; I would still suck it up and see a professional - the risks are too high to have a bad wound unattended. Yes, Doctors do suck - but , and I know this is blunt and seemingly harsh, you did this to yourself , and you need to take responsibility for your actions; it may not be pleasant seeing the doctor but it is something which needs to be done. Probably better sooner than later.
:star: :star: :star:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

steady hands
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by steady hands » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I second what Roxi said.

It is important to get medical care, even if you don't want to, or it doesn't seem worth it. Like Roxi said, the risks are too high. If there is a service where you can call, and get help or something, that would be second best, but going and seeing a doctor will help you so much more.

Hope you are doing okay.
:grystar: gretchen.

Chaocontrol6
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Chaocontrol6 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:25 pm

I agree with the above opinions. It is not their job to talk to you about the reasoning about the SI unless you want to. They may ask the odd question, but you do not have to answer it. It is their job to simply sort out the damage that has been done, and nothing else.

Hope that helps :) I am saying this from what I think, not experience, so I am not the most reliable source by the way :P

:bluestar: Jason :bluestar:
Just let time tell the story, and act accordingly. (Phrase by myself)
H.A.L.T!!! (Genius!!)
These feelings too, shall pass. (BUS phrase?)
The power lives in me!(Place)

a7xcncangel
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by a7xcncangel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:49 pm

I agree. It's too risky to not get treatment. If it hasn't healed in 7 days, you need to get checked out. Doctors suck, I know, but the consequences of not seeking treatment suck even more! Please take care of yourself, hun.
:star:
Mum: ReineDuSommeil
Sister: waydownsouth, nomad2207, noldo
Brother: sirjnj
Daughter: Azira
Cousin: DuchessN, jadestarwalking
Aunt: Cheycatsgarden

heartonmysleave
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by heartonmysleave » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:47 pm

I've made an appoinment for tuesday (CURSES!) getting it checked out. keeping it clean till then.

thankyou for all the advice.

Chaocontrol6
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Chaocontrol6 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Well done on making the appointment. I'm sure that it'll be worthwhile to get it sorted so that the long term consequences don't occur :)

:bluestar: Jason :bluestar:
Just let time tell the story, and act accordingly. (Phrase by myself)
H.A.L.T!!! (Genius!!)
These feelings too, shall pass. (BUS phrase?)
The power lives in me!(Place)

a7xcncangel
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by a7xcncangel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:20 pm

:) :star: :star:
Mum: ReineDuSommeil
Sister: waydownsouth, nomad2207, noldo
Brother: sirjnj
Daughter: Azira
Cousin: DuchessN, jadestarwalking
Aunt: Cheycatsgarden

ChangeTheWorld
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by ChangeTheWorld » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:10 am

agreed. medical attention urgently. the temporary discomfort of seeing a doctor is far outweighed by the permanent damage this could cause left untreated
Strength.Compassion.Creativity.

"she wonders how many women are walking around this world feeling the tingling of their amputated wings. remembering what it was to fly. to sing." Andrea Gibson "Blue Blanket"

" I come in too many flavours for just one fucking spoon" (Stacey ann chin"Crossfire")

"I want to erase the straight lines, so i can be me" (Stacey-Ann Chin " If only out of vanity")

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=194582 every challenge met, every obstacle conquered..aka MJ's Brand New Place. Read along as much as you please.

heartonmysleave
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by heartonmysleave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm

I did go to the doctors (a friend had to pull me through the door). I have some anti-biotic cream. its healing better now, thankgod. The doctor put up my prozac dose at the same time, so I'm feeling alot more stable

ChangeTheWorld
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by ChangeTheWorld » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:35 am

glad that you had a good outcome, even though it took a while to get there.
Strength.Compassion.Creativity.

"she wonders how many women are walking around this world feeling the tingling of their amputated wings. remembering what it was to fly. to sing." Andrea Gibson "Blue Blanket"

" I come in too many flavours for just one fucking spoon" (Stacey ann chin"Crossfire")

"I want to erase the straight lines, so i can be me" (Stacey-Ann Chin " If only out of vanity")

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=194582 every challenge met, every obstacle conquered..aka MJ's Brand New Place. Read along as much as you please.

youdontknowme
creating your space
creating your space

Post by youdontknowme » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:24 am

:star:
Image jay Image

please be gentle and please be patience with my typing and bad spelling and stuff and please reember that sometimes words can hurt

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=134523