do u think?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Unleash the Bats
building community
building community

do u think?

Post by Unleash the Bats » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:44 pm

do u think i should go to the doctor? i mean, im 17, would they tell my parents. i need help but i cant do it, i think i need some meds or wotever because im having trouble sleeping and have done for months, plus i keep having rele bad moodswings, and my si-ing hasnt stopped... any thoughts?
:blkstar: :redstar: Danix :redstar: :blkstar:

___fashioninjection
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by ___fashioninjection » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:15 pm

it might be useful. you never know until you try. and i don't think they'd tell your parents. i'm pretty sure they only do that if you're under 16 and they think you're in danger.

x
<center>::pretty dirty::</center>

<center>[look at how goddamn ugly the stars are]</center>

<center>[idioglossia; we speak in tongues] ---my place {replies welcome}</center>

<center></center>

Unleash the Bats
building community
building community

Post by Unleash the Bats » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:28 pm

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

___fashioninjection
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by ___fashioninjection » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:33 pm

lol i agree :tongue:

x
<center>::pretty dirty::</center>

<center>[look at how goddamn ugly the stars are]</center>

<center>[idioglossia; we speak in tongues] ---my place {replies welcome}</center>

<center></center>

Unleash the Bats
building community
building community

Post by Unleash the Bats » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:59 pm

im too scared to go... wen i started fainting alot my dad tried to take me to the doctors but he wanted to sit in with me so i cried and cried and cried and refused to go- theres no way im letting my dad no about my si since ive gone so long without him noing.

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:40 pm

do you think you should go to the doctor?

have you tried all the common sense stuff to help the sleeping?

do you have loads of junk food/sugar?

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by magebaby » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:53 pm

where do you live? different countries/states have different confidentiality ages. but usually, after 16 they don't tell your parents unless they think you are in immediate danger.

take care.

mage
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks

pointeless
growing roots
growing roots

Post by pointeless » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm

pretty sure as a general rule most countries don't tell if your over 16, I know that in the UK, they can't unless they have siginificant belief you are in immediate danger if your under 15 or something, besides that their bound by confidentiality laws which they can't break other than under the child protection act
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/sjhemming/">Visit My Website</a>

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=83255 - My poetry/Art Den

With eternal gratefullness n thanks to pink elephant for the graphic x

kurdt_kobain
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by kurdt_kobain » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:56 am

What do you want to do? You're considering it, so do you see it helping you?

How would your parents react if they found out about your SI? Do you think it would help to tell them?

Honestly, if you want to move forward and out of the situation, then you're going to have to step forward. You can get better if you're willing to change things. You just need to ask yourself what you're willing to do and you need to find out what you want.

So should you go to the doctor? You say you can't do it--you're capeable of doing something like that. Just take a deep breath and get it over with. If you want to do it, there is nothing but yourself stopping you.
trying to follow in the footsteps of the masters,
but it's a lot harder than it looks because even though
they had the same size feet as us, they weren't looking
down the whole time while they walked to make sure
they were doing it right.
[story people]

heartonmysleave
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by heartonmysleave » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:44 pm

your doctor might be able to give you real help stopping SI'ing, and help you feel allot better. it's always worth a try...terrifying though it is. I'm in england, here they won't tell your parents after 16. but I don't know about where you are. good luck.

marshmallowfluff
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by marshmallowfluff » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:17 pm

Ok, first step you are asking for help. You're asking US what you should do, so you've obviously realised you need someone to help you out of what ever situation your in at the moment.

I dont think the doctor can tell your parents about SI because you're over 16. However, he probably would refer you to see a counsellor/therapist and your parents would find out that way, unless you lied about where you're going. Believe me hun, no secret is safe from parents. they find out EVERYTHING. You're better off talkign to them, telling them that you've been a bit down and everything, and you need a bit of "professional" help. You have no need to mention self harming

Good luck anyway, and take care of yourself
xxx
"Dance like no one's watching.
Love like you'll never be hurt.
Sing like there's nobody listening.
And live like it's heaven on earth."

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by magebaby » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:10 pm

if you need a definite answer to the confidentiality question, you could jsut phone the GP/doc's practice and ask what the law is where you is and what the practice policy is.

take care .

mage
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks