New Help SI

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

fighting to be free
one of us
one of us

New Help SI

Post by fighting to be free » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:56 pm

Hello all I am 24 yo female who SI. I need to stop but I am afraid to bring it up to anyone because I am afraid that they are going to think that i will want to kill myself and thats not the case. I just need to cut when i am flipping out. I dont want to tell my family yet until I have stopped cutting but I don;t know where to go. I have scars all over my body and I am sick of hiding. PLease any suggestions or comments please respond, I have tried to stop in the past but no luck. I have been si for 6 years since I was raped. Please help.

Fighting to be free

green chameleon
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by green chameleon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:55 pm

Welcome to Bus. You are not alone. You may want to post on the main page, you'll get more responses there.
It's hard to cut when you're holding a cat.

"Where are we first and last, bound together in our past. Much too cruel, much to fast, much too quick to anger. Traps laid bare in my face set to keep me in my place, say goodbye to the child, life it seems is colder." The Chameleons

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:13 pm

Welcome :)

I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. Nobody will think bad of you, they'll want to help you. I know how nerve-racking it is to talk to people about that sort of thing, so take your time, but don't worry about what people will think. Nobody will think badly of you. If somebody does, they are not worth knowing. And you don't have to tell everyone. Maybe just tell your closest friends/relatives?

Good luck :)
From Hannah :wink:
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

ru290
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by ru290 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:16 pm

:wavey: :wavey: welcome to BUS!! :wavey: :wavey:
sorry that you had to go through that. try posting on the "bodies under seige" forum, that's the main page, where most people post.
maybe this is a good first step forward to telling people or getting a therapist or somethin in real life. good luck with everything, i look out for your posts.
ru x
Love ru x
I can't stand by and see you destroyed
I can't be here and watch you burning
It doesn't matter if I give in easy
So why is it so hard to get by?

Poppies
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Poppies » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:00 am

Hi! Here's a welcome cow! :moove: There's a post somewhere explaining where the cows started, but it's a welcoming thing for new people!!! :)

I'm sorry about your rape, and your si - this is a wonderful place to sound off, and get advice without being judged!!

I hide my SI too, and I feel trapped in that now! When you were raped, did you talk to anyone about it? Would you be able to tell them about your SI?

I can't offer any other advice really, but I can send you a hug if that's okay! :1hug3: